Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
380 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I've been using batt. acid to clean the junk out of my old sleds tanks but i ran out, and I was wondering if a "tank clean" product really exists? I have been to the bike shop in town (no sled dealers) and they never heard of it

·
Registered
148 Posts
I just did a google search
heres what I found

http://www.jcwhitney.com/fuel-tank-cleaner/p2011255.jcwx?TID=8014524FT2&zmam=15972153&zmas=18&zmac=129&zmap=21289G

·
Registered
54 Posts
i've just used gas.. put like a liter of it and giver a good shake. i have done that many times with several sleds tanks in various stages of gelled gas and crud that gets into them.. but i never used it on anything really dirty like moss and algae and things like that... the product that 98indyxc has suggested seems like a good also, just watch the water content.

·
Registered
718 Posts
i just use boiling hot water to clean it out and rinse with gas then take it out.

·
Registered
3,212 Posts
I use Muratic acid on my old Puch mopeds I buy. The tank is part of the frame so it is diff. to clean. If you can remove the STEEL tank then soap and water and nuts and bolts to break the crap up. Do this a few times then rinse with gasoline.

Please don't try muratic acid on a plastic tank and be carefull....the stuff is nasty.

·
Registered
511 Posts
Well I know this is gonna sound very odd, but an old timer told me to use......COKE, regular old coke a cola and let it set for a while, really worked well for me then after rinse with gas and oil mix(premix) to coat tank. Done it a couple of times and worked well both times!

·
Registered
463 Posts
dodger said:
I use Muratic acid on my old Puch mopeds I buy. The tank is part of the frame so it is diff. to clean. If you can remove the STEEL tank then soap and water and nuts and bolts to break the crap up. Do this a few times then rinse with gasoline.

Please don't try muratic acid on a plastic tank and be carefull....the stuff is nasty.
muratic acid is the way to go and is readily available! if you had your tank professionally cleaned they would steam it out and wash it with the acid!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts