Snowmobile Fanatics banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
15,722 Posts
Yamalube is a good quality oil. If you are having no issues. Continue using it.
I have used amsoil, klotz, polaris, yamalube, citgo,mystic oils. No engine issues. I did have some film strength issues with interceptor.

·
Registered
1,791 Posts
Like xcr440 said, if it works and no problems then keep using it. Yamalube is good oil. I personally use poo-blue in my two polaris's and wifes yamaha venom. No problems.My old neighbor would run yamalube in his poo and doo with no problems. With the price of oil going up every year might be time to try something new...something cheaper?

·
Registered
15,722 Posts
^^Yup. Main reason I am using Mystic Sea & Snow. $16 a gallon I see Mystic JT4 (full syn) is $19

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I've had my viper for 2 years and been runnin yamalube and only cleen my valves once a year I could prolly clean them every 2 but my buddy just got a viper and th guy he got it from said he ran amsoil I took out th valves and they were very very nasty so I don't think I'm gonna pay twice as much 4 amsoil and neither is he

·
Registered
1,791 Posts
I use to use the poo VES oil made so it would stick to the valves...looks the same after 500 mile as it does running the cheaper poo blue oil. Just clean them 2 times a season and you will be alright. One way of cleaning them without taking them out is to open her up now and then, clean out the cob webs and let the motor burn that oil off...just my 2cents

·
Registered
8,842 Posts
yama lube is a lot better than some of the polaris and cat oil. i would use it before amsoil as well.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Another vote for Yamalube 2-s. I run it in all my sleds and really like it. I just paid $25.00 for a gallon from my dealer; that it too much, but it has always worked well so I'll continue to pay it.

·
Registered
15,722 Posts
I have always been told that Citgo sea and snow, now mystic sea and snow is the exact same thing as 2-s, except with a different label. It's only $15 a gallon also.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts