Snowmobile Fanatics banner

whats the best oil

955 views 13 replies 14 participants last post by  madd_dog 
#1 ·
whatis the best oil to run in polaris we run shell advanced i just want an opionon on what u guys use thx

#6 ·
who cares what's best, or who is fastest or what machine will beat someone elses machine, or whatever[}:)]

I use amsoil, so what?

I just wanna ride my sled[:p] but boo hoo, there's no snow. So I just changed my antifreeze, installed my new silencer, that didn't fit too well. Created a silencer outlet plate to tighten up the fit, pop riveted the plate into place, sat on the sled and went vroom, vroom, like a 3 year old. and now I have 3 fingers of scotch in a glass with 2 cubes, I'm gonna take a shower and go out to dinner with my wife and daughter, too much information , I know[^]

Don't take this reply seriously. I don't think anybody has the magic bullet for oil, even blue marble or whatever they are called. the important thing is to make sure you have oil or else Mr. Squeaky will come a callin and he is ex-pen-sive!!!!!!!

#8 ·
I run shell advanced in my 2003 Pro X and it hasn't been a problem

#11 ·
anything tcw-3 certified is all good. You can run anything from wal-mart brand oil to the most expensive stuff out there. Some people claim synthetic reduces wear and others dont believe it. I guess formulate your own opinion and use what you can afford.

#14 ·
we use anything that we can find tcw-3 cert.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.