Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello im wanting to buy a new 2010 snowmobile looking for a good amount of power atleast 150hp 4 stroke also i wanna put a 2 up seat on the rear i know u can put that seat on any long track.. so whats the best one i could get a turbo one would be nice.. anyone have any advise?

·
Registered
2,585 Posts
No actual useage of the sled, but i love everything about the mountain Apexes. Looks, what i hear about their performance. All good stuff. They can be turboed too.

·
Registered
244 Posts
you can't buy a stock yamaha turbo sled, thats aftermarket and very expensive. Only turbo sleds out there are the Artic Cat z1 turbo and Polaris Fst.

·
Registered
9,987 Posts
Get the new APEX with EPS, 163.5 HP and only 595 lbs dry..

·
Registered
2,655 Posts
I have to agree with the ugly kid...the new Apex is the ticket. All new for this year too and I believe it is EXUP(exhaust valve jargin)....

·
Registered
718 Posts
and it's yours for a 'cheap' $16,000! [Disappointed] too expensive...

·
Registered
9,987 Posts
It's the best yamaha!!! IT even has power steering, and got sled of the year!! (what a joke)

·
Registered
4,056 Posts
Ugly_old_Poo_kid said:
It's the best yamaha!!! IT even has power steering, and got sled of the year!! (what a joke)
Those things are all about the dollar signs, i would be willing to bet Yamaha paid a hefty chunk of change to try and promote this by getting sled of the year. The other sleds just let their performace do the talking.

·
Registered
3,130 Posts
The two best stock turbo sleds are the z1 turbo or the Polaris fst. If your used to two strokes the cat is probably the lightest up front as it only runs two cylinders and your making 170+ hp

·
Registered
1,791 Posts
Ugly_old_Poo_kid said:
At 595lbs it better come with power steering lol.

Empire087-the AC 2 stroke is the CFR1000 twin...not the Z1. The Z1 Turbo is a 4poke and its a 1056cc with a turbo...the one to get.

·
Registered
9,987 Posts
KRSS144 said:
Awww, the Storms didn't have P/S, and they were ~575lbs dry.. Yammy must build their sleds for (insert insult here) people.

·
Registered
2,922 Posts
Keep searching. Something with a new 800 etec would be better IMO. Same fuel economy, more power, less weight.

·
Registered
3,130 Posts
KRSS144 said:
Ugly_old_Poo_kid said:

Empire087-the AC 2 stroke is the CFR1000 twin...not the Z1. The Z1 Turbo is a 4poke and its a 1056cc with a turbo...the one to get.
What? I'm not sure you read my post well enough(not being an ass or anything just stating) I was just comparing the z1's weight/design closer to a two stroke. Also i never mentioned the cfr?

·
Registered
848 Posts
ProZac said:
Got new 2010 Polaris IQ LX turbo sled today
A turn in the right direction. [thumb]

What made you go with that? You really wanted a turbo didnt you haha

1,792 Posts
shady800x said:
and it's yours for a 'cheap' $16,000! [Disappointed] too expensive...
"Let me tell you, sonny. That's more than my first house." [gerg]

[;)]

·
Registered
718 Posts
^lol inflation....

·
Registered
463 Posts
ProZac said:
Hello im wanting to buy a new 2010 snowmobile looking for a good amount of power atleast 150hp 4 stroke also i wanna put a 2 up seat on the rear i know u can put that seat on any long track.. so whats the best one i could get a turbo one would be nice.. anyone have any advise?
keep in mind that its very expensive to build horsepower on the yamaha's and you dont get much for what you;ll spend. we've been working on a 2007 nytro and it's ending up to cost about $1200 per 10hp, thats re-goddamn-diculus if ya ask me! so yeah, i'd go with the new apex and be done with it!! but dont expect to be spanking 2-strokes with that thing! lol

·
Registered
1,791 Posts
Empire087 said:
KRSS144 said:
Ugly_old_Poo_kid said:

What? I'm not sure you read my post well enough(not being an ass or anything just stating) I was just comparing the z1's weight/design closer to a two stroke. Also i never mentioned the cfr?
My bad, I did misread your statement...

Sledcrusher-
I would personally wait on that new E-tec...even though they do get awesome gas mileage can-am also claims they "hardly use any oil". My brother-in-law is a head manager for a local ski-doo dealer and I was just asking him about that new etec, he said they are awesome motors (from his test rides)...for the first 500 mile then its rebuild time. A two stroke that hardly uses oil is scary imo. He personally said he would wait for ski-doo to work out all the bugs on this first year motor before he would own one. My neighbor just put $500 down on one and said he had a hard time finding one. The people that pre ordered one will get the etec but trying to find one on the show room floor is going to be very hard. (this is what 4 dealers here in MI told him) because ski-doo stoped production on them. With the economy the way it is ski-doo was only going to make X amount and thats it. IMO that not a bad way to do bussiness with the economy, instead of fludding the industry with all these etec's that cant sell. Just my 2cents.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts