Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
874 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Some guys are fearless and will take a poke at anything. I on the other hand, am not one of those guys. This is Turbo on Boulder Mtn at Revelstoke. I've been 2/3 the way up. The last 50 feet are pretty much vertical. It's pretty amazing to see guys go over the top.

Doesn't look too bad....does it?

Well, then again...

...ah maybe not.

God damn...

·
Registered
107 Posts
it dosnt look that hard but i know a person who says it is nice pics

·
Registered
1,794 Posts
You can tell that is a gnarly climb, even looking at the pics....That middle saddle looks like a slide waiting to happen! How often, if ever does it slide???

·
Registered
874 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I don't know for sure, but I'll bet it slides regularly.

Your right Dustin, it doesn't look that hard. Go for it! Good place for ya to learn how to highmark. Don't worry, I'll have the video camera rolling. There's a good chance it won't be the only thing rolling!

·
Registered
1,794 Posts
They all look east tell you get there, then its a whole different ball game. Especially to people who don't ride in the mountains, or Highmark......

·
Registered
874 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
And watching $12,000 worth of machinery tumble down the mountain always seems to affect the pucker that I feel in the seat of my pants too!

·
Registered
1,932 Posts
The hill there at revy looks like a blast. Climbing hills is one of those things that I love doing. Hence the 180+ HP long track, the big triple loves runs like that, I can build amazing track speep in a run like that and climb until I look back and ask myself how in the He!! did I get here. Going up isn't the thrill it coming back down thats the thrill ride.
I like it when there is lots of powder for the front end to push against on the way down.
I have gone up hills were I was pretty sure I was going over backwards but held on and went over the top. Mt Assention at Lost lake is one of those places. Even with deep powder your doing like 70 down hill on the way back down.

·
Registered
1,932 Posts
Looks like someone made it over the top in the second picture. I am not by any stretch the most extreme guy on the hill but I really like climbing hills. IMO deep powder and steep hills make for the best day of riding. I end up turning around more out of thinking I've gone high enough.
I would love to tell you my sled is the limiting factor, but it isn't in most cases. This not to say that I haven't stuck it in the hill trying go higher, just not the norm.

·
Registered
9,619 Posts
NO MORE PICS....i am crying like a lil baby seeing that stuff

my highest hill is nothing so i not even gonna go through the trouble of posting the pics...

and it dont look steep in the pic, but believe me, every hill isnt steep in a pic, just like skiing, even lookin up it doesnt look that hard, but onc eu get to top and go down its alot steeper

·
Registered
380 Posts
had a 151" I would have done the same easy.....
Unfortunately I have only 136", anyway I will beat them on a trail...:)))

·
Registered
802 Posts
Looks fun, but I don't care for avalanches.

·
Registered
4,983 Posts
I have skied down stuff like that, in Utah and Colorado. But i don't think I could suck my balls up far enough to try to ride a sled UP that thing. The highmarking thing sounds like fun, but there must be a learning corve. My 121" pig gets stuck 12" off the trail. I pucker up when go down icy trails with 40% slopes and trees all around! Yehaw, my hat's off to you guys.

·
Registered
874 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Must have been interesting pickin your way through the toothpicks! There's going to be lots of areas like that in BC this sledding season after all the forest fires this summer.

·
Registered
443 Posts
The biggest hill i have climbed is a powerline hill...It was like really steep..and was about 500 ft long and was practically straight up...the people who didnt have studded tracks didnt make it and they got stuck going up it...most of the people had to turn around and take the other trail that was there to get the top.....

1 - 16 of 16 Posts