Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So someone told me that the new ski-doo clutchs don't need spring and and weights. He said that they're fully adjustable and u don't need to change weights springs or helixs. I was pretty sure he misunderstood something, and didn't know what the hell he was talking about. anyone have any info on this one?

·
Registered
3,449 Posts
I'm pretty sure that the adjustments are more for fine tuning, 200 rpm change for each adjustment either up or down (not a 100% sure though I'm sure someone will be able to correct me on this if I'm wrong). I would have to say if you were looking for a significant change in clutching you'd be changing springs and what not. just my .02

·
Registered
4,983 Posts
Ya, that's right rev500ss. You can adjust the primary TRA but you still have weights, arms, springs, etc. Nothing new that I've seen. On the trail you can adjust for 200 rpm increments using the primary clutch adjustment.

·
Registered
295 Posts
tra= total range adjustable. yes you can change springs,ramps and even fine tune the roller pin if need be.
the idea behind the tra was to give the average sledder a choice, caution is advised here though. the higher the clicker the more affect it has on acceleration. meaning you want to stay with a lower clicker number, possibly change the spring, and if acceleration was affected, fine tune by adjusting the roller pin weight.
if you just use the clickers,take note of the primary clutch temperature. use a laser temp. gauge to see the difference between secondary and primary.once the belt gets hot, it will transmit temperature to the secondary and you may get fooled by this phenomenom.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts