Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2,951 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Since ski doo and lynx are both brp, what's the difference? They look similar but they have differences. If anyone .has some info on this let me know.

Thanks!

·
Registered
645 Posts
diffrent suspension/ shocks(KYB), more reinforcement on the frame and some of the older ones used a team secondary clutch. dont know which clutches they use now...

·
Registered
195 Posts
i am not sure but like the racers from there said that we make our snowcross track like a motocross track like there they have like easy straight ways and long jumps and stuff so different set-up

·
Registered
2,951 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
THE_Norwegian said:
diffrent suspension/ shocks(KYB), more reinforcement on the frame and some of the older ones used a team secondary clutch. dont know which clutches they use now...
thanks man. thats what i was looking for. but basicaly they have the same engines and everything?

jake.parker said:
i am not sure but like the racers from there said that we make our snowcross track like a motocross track like there they have like easy straight ways and long jumps and stuff so different set-up
i never knew that lol thanks!

if anything else anyone knows let me know. thanks[thumb]

·
Registered
1,516 Posts
I second f5's comment about looks. They seem similar but are a tad different. Diff shocks like sated before, and I'm pretty sure the engines are the same powerplant but are referred to by different names.

·
Registered
5,011 Posts
I've never heard of Lynx. Are they sold in the U.S?

·
Super Moderator
11,279 Posts
http://www.brplynx.com/sleds/sport.html

They are not sold in the US, if you go to "find a dealer" on the web site it shows all the countries they are sold in.

·
Registered
2,922 Posts
One thing that I noticed was the pre-xp chassis sleds ( Rev and Lynx-Rev equivalent ). Entirely different rear skid and skid geometry. Slightly different seat. Different side panels. Different front suspension ( much shorter shocks and had a wishbone front suspension like that of an F-series cat ). Different tunnel and bulkhead. Nun design is also different. Basically the only interchangeable parts seem to be the handlebars, snow flap, and track.

If I ever buy a BRAND NEW sled, I think I'll have to pay the extra to have a lynx shipped over to the U.S.

·
Registered
1,516 Posts
Also, their Revs are called Raves. Their X-Tremes (X-edt) are X-Trims...haha. And (obvious by now) their main colors are black red and white vs. ski-doo's black yellow and white.

http://www.mascus.com/Agriculture/Used-Snowmobiles/Lynx-Enduro-600-Millenium/F30EDB61-2557-4A9A-8FFD-89EA26671BF5.html
^Thought this was "interesting." It isn't very stock looking but seems to be an equivalent of a Millenium Edition MXZ???

·
Registered
3,226 Posts
I believe on Slednecks 4 the Iceland segment they may have been on lynx snowmobiles for a couple of shots. Chris Burandt rode a Yamaha for a hillclimb in this segment
http://slednecks.com/sledneckTV.php

1 - 13 of 13 Posts