Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm working on a project that involves using a CCW KEC-440 engine from a 1970's John Deere snowmobile. I need to know the weight of this engine for design purposes, but the engine is a couple hundred miles away at the moment. I googled it and came up with most of the other info about it, but I can't find the weight. Does anyone know within about 5 pounds what this engine weighs?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,505 Posts
About 30#.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,108 Posts
got a bathroom scale? just set the motor on it
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
634 Posts
arctic_plasma said:
I'm working on a project that involves using a CCW KEC-440 engine from a 1970's John Deere snowmobile. I need to know the weight of this engine for design purposes, but the engine is a couple hundred miles away at the moment.[/color=red] I googled it and came up with most of the other info about it, but I can't find the weight. Does anyone know within about 5 pounds what this engine weighs?


IndyRXL said:
got a bathroom scale? just set the motor on it[/color=red]


this would be a cool trick[thumb]
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,108 Posts
polarisguy23 said:
arctic_plasma said:
I'm working on a project that involves using a CCW KEC-440 engine from a 1970's John Deere snowmobile. I need to know the weight of this engine for design purposes, but the engine is a couple hundred miles away at the moment.[/color=red] I googled it and came up with most of the other info about it, but I can't find the weight. Does anyone know within about 5 pounds what this engine weighs?


IndyRXL said:
got a bathroom scale? just set the motor on it[/color=red]


this would be a cool trick[thumb]


Note to self, Dont drink and post[beatup]
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,212 Posts
You could ask on jdsleds.com

They have people that are very helpful and some are just plain a$$ wipes.

If I was to guess I'd say 50 lbs....then again what all is there. H mounting plate, carb,clutch,exhaust. I installed a 340 in my JDX4 last winter and remember it being fairly heavy.

I have a bare 340 CCW in my shed right now if all else fails I could weigh....I don't have a bathroom scale....they scare me.
 
1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Top