Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
2,898 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok. first of all ive been getting HORRIBLE gas milage and oil milage in my sled. Its so horrible it makes me sick.
But i found this toggle type switch down by the clutch kind of on the left side of the gas tank. Under the hood. It goes from -3 to +3. could this possibly be a setting of how much gas is getting to the engine? Because if i ride and shut the sled off, when i start it back up. It seems like its getting to much gas to the engine for the first few seconds then boggs a little the finally goes.

Any help on what that switch could be would be much appreciated.

(i also cant follow the line to see what it goes to. it goes under a lot of stuff)

·
Registered
340 Posts
What kind of sled is it? Probably safe to say Artic Cat - but what model?

·
Registered
2,898 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
oh sorry

2000 zr 440 sno pro

·
Registered
2,898 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Originally posted by SleD_CrEW
[br]yeah its probably something wrong with the fuel injectino or something. What is the mileage ur averaging at right now ?
i dont know but its pathetic.. i put $15 it was almost empty rode about 60 miles and it was empty...
i put about a pint of oil in and had to stop on the side of the trail to put more in.. i dunno how many miles i rode but it wasnt that many!!

·
Registered
3,013 Posts
Originally posted by arcticcatinc
[br]
Originally posted by SleD_CrEW
[br]yeah its probably something wrong with the fuel injectino or something. What is the mileage ur averaging at right now ?
i dont know but its pathetic.. i put $15 it was almost empty rode about 60 miles and it was empty...
i put about a pint of oil in and had to stop on the side of the trail to put more in.. i dunno how many miles i rode but it wasnt that many!!
I get 60-80 miles per tank, or 6-8 mpg. Its sad. I know how ya feel. [V]

·
Registered
844 Posts
Not positive, but the +3 to -3 switch might be for adjustable timeing. adding or subtracting up to 3 degrees from stock.

·
Registered
6,424 Posts
Hahaha.. Don't get a vmax4.. passes everything except a gas station.

·
Registered
3,449 Posts
Originally posted by BarkMulcher
[br]
Originally posted by proxJ
[br]should be a timing retard key? did i get the name right?
Why are you calling him a retard?
I think he is refering to a unit timing control, #10 on this web page!

[red]http://www.brownsleisureworld.com/frame.cgi?url=http%3A//www.brownsleisureworld.com/Parts/SNOWMOBILE/[/red]

copy and paste the link or it will not work make sure you get it all!

·
Registered
2,378 Posts
Yes it is for timing, I had a buddy who had the same sled. Damn thing blew up on him 3 times and he finally sold the piece of junk and baught a F-5. That timing retard switch should not be messed with unless you know what you are doing.

·
Registered
4,604 Posts
Originally posted by rev500ss
[br]
Originally posted by BarkMulcher
[br]
Originally posted by proxJ
[br]should be a timing retard key? did i get the name right?
Why are you calling him a retard?
I think he is refering to a unit timing control, #10 on this web page!

[red]http://www.brownsleisureworld.com/frame.cgi?url=http%3A//www.brownsleisureworld.com/Parts/SNOWMOBILE/[/red]

copy and paste the link or it will not work make sure you get it all!
Yes thats what i ment just wasnt sure if i had the corect name.

·
Registered
2,898 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
so what setting should it be on?

·
Registered
2,898 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Originally posted by sledhead907
[br]
[br]so what setting should it be on?
Leave it. That's not your problem.
well i aleady flipped it back and forth..

·
Registered
1,392 Posts
[br]
Originally posted by sledhead907
[br]
[br]so what setting should it be on?
Leave it. That's not your problem.
well i aleady flipped it back and forth..
Put it back where it was to begin with. Your going to have more problems if you start messing with stuff you have no idea about.

Your floats in your carbs could be sticking resulting in more fuel being dumped into then engine than what's needed. Your oil injection could be sticking causing you to suck down oil.

How about you take your carbs out and clean and inspect them.

Your gas mileage isn't that bad. Personally I don't think you even have a problem with your sled.

·
Registered
4,327 Posts
Its for the timing and the type of gas ur using!!! CAll The dealer and ask them were to set it for trail riding!!

1 - 20 of 24 Posts