Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
430 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I long tracked my Ultra last year but something aint right Also I have a 8 inch big wheel kit any suggestions look at the piture[attachment=50152]

Attachments

·
Registered
15,722 Posts
Let's see.....Your missing the rear scissor stops and the rear wheels are holding the track off the slides. I have never done this mod. Are the plates on the wrong side??? Are the wheels too large????

·
Registered
4,604 Posts
Like others have said you dont have a offset axel for it your just can throw big wheels on you ahve to get a off set axel too.

·
Registered
2,027 Posts
Need an offset axle for the big wheels!!!!!

dang, to slow......

·
Registered
168 Posts
Is that extension kit home made??

·
Registered
430 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Fixed the problem guys the kit I have is an offset axle kit I just didnt install it properly.The rail extention kit is made by rsr I bought it from www.recreationsupply.ca .Thanks for all the advice guys I will post pics tomorrow Thanks[:D]

·
Registered
541 Posts
Something else doesn't look right for an aftermarket part anyway. Should the hifax and rails go the full extension? I would think you'll loose quite a bit of support...

[attachment=50291]

Proxj's skid

[attachment=50293]

·
Registered
1,392 Posts
Originally posted by hammy
[br]Something else doesn't look right for an aftermarket part anyway. Should the hifax and rails go the full extension? I would think you'll loose quite a bit of support...

[attachment=50291]

Proxj's skid

[attachment=50293]
I agree it doesn't look as nice as a tracksusa extension, but I doubt that it would ever be a problem as it sits right now.

·
Registered
982 Posts
Originally posted by hammy
[br]Something else doesn't look right for an aftermarket part anyway. Should the hifax and rails go the full extension? I would think you'll loose quite a bit of support...

[attachment=50291]

Proxj's skid

[attachment=50293]
That's what I thought the problem was to.

·
Registered
541 Posts
I hope you didn't pay for that kit...[;)]

·
Registered
224 Posts
your not going to loose mutch support from the short rails if your on flat ground the track tension will float the three inches your missing and if your climbing your on the back wheels only anyway. looks like you would get a lot more out of your ride if you upgraded to a newer suspention thou. good luck

1 - 14 of 14 Posts