Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
With all the talk about noise reduction policies in some states and the "heated debate" about which aftermarket silencer is best, I finally decided to make a little poll. Which do you think is best, if any? (any responses would eb great for anyone looking into purchasing one)

·
Registered
982 Posts
I'm not voting on the poll because I don't have enough experience with all of the cans. All I can say is that I really like my MBRP Trail can. It is not that much louder than stock and it has a really nice, low toned BRAAAPPPP sound. I wouldn't mind trying a SLP can either.

·
Registered
982 Posts
By the way, Shadetree motorsports is having their December sale right now that ends today. I believe they have 10% off of all SLP pipes and cans, and 20% off of MBRP cans. They might even have the Snow stuff can on sale. I bought my MBRP last year over the sale period and I got if for $200 vs about $240-$260.

·
Super Moderator
11,650 Posts
I love the sound of the MBRP Trail Cans, and the Race Cans as well, but those are way too obscenely loud.

Some cans may not always be best for a certain application, but since we're not going of that here, the Trail gets my vote.

·
Registered
1,527 Posts
I really like the sound of the MBRP Race and Trail cans. But, I have a Black Magic performance pipe on my sled right now.

·
Registered
101 Posts
i have a DG can on my black magic pipes. I like the sound, it's not very loud which is good, but sounds very nice.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I had a MBRP race can on my 2001 mxz 600 and it was loud! fortunately there are no strict laws on the amount of noise your sled can make (in my area).

·
Registered
1,223 Posts
I really like my DG on my old ZR 580. But I choosed other because I have a PPP Can on my SKS which I really like.

·
Registered
2,903 Posts
my stock 1 is just fine. not to loud but louder than most stock trail sleds

·
Registered
661 Posts
Put a rumblepack on my RMK and it sound sweet. Not too loud but when you get on it, it has a nice tone. I like it.

·
Registered
1,318 Posts
Originally posted by stinky_deelux69
[br]I had a MBRP race can on my 2001 mxz 600 and it was loud! fortunately there are no strict laws on the amount of noise your sled can make.
I dont know obout that laws part, not that way around here. I like the sound of the MBRP race, it would be nice to have the sound without all the noise. I think I would like the trail but havent heard one.

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
So, apparently, despite the increasing number and severity of the laws, people still like the louder cans?

Seems like all the kids around here have the race cans 'cause they are so loud you can here them all across town. One joker lived just down the road from my house, would get out on the road and scream past my place every morning. I could never catch the guy around town when he was on or near his machine to talk to him about taking a different route to work in the morning. Finally called the cops (and they knew exactly who he was), and they told him to take it over the tundra instead of down the road. I guess many people had called.

I had DG silencers, they were no louder than my stock can on the XCR, but I didn't think they had any tone, so I sold them. I put on a Dynoport trail can and Bingo! bey-beh!! Such a sweet growling sound. My wife even liked they way it sounded. But it was a little too loud so I took it off. I have a set of Dynoport silencers, worth 5-8 H.P. according to Dynoport. I will see how they sound when I put my pipes back in the machine.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I dont know obout that laws part, not that way around here. I like the sound of the MBRP race, it would be nice to have the sound without all the noise. I think I would like the trail but havent heard one
In my town I have never been bothered for having the loud can, and neither have m friends, but we also don't drive around early in the morning or late at night at WOT. During the xmas break I'm gonna try to get a video of my brothers 2001 xcsp 800 with the MBRP trail can on it.

·
Registered
615 Posts
i still have the stock on my sled. ive been wanting to get one but havent had the money and am still undecided on which one to get.
id like to either get a mbrp trail or dynoport..

·
Registered
15,722 Posts
Here in northern Wi with the fish nazi's STOCK[/size=6]

·
Registered
199 Posts
love the rumble pack on my 03 mtn cat 800 not to loud but a sweet sound when you get on it.

·
Registered
2,518 Posts
The stock one. Loud pipes lose trails.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts