Snowmobile Fanatics banner

21 - 33 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
948 Posts
Drifts are kind of cool. I like to punch through them. It reminds me of when I used to ride my stand up Jet-Ski and nose dive then hit the gas and come up like the sub in 'The Hunt For Red October'. Ah good times... good times.

-----------------------------
I think.... therefore I sled
-----------------------------
Two '94 Indy XLT SKS

·
Registered
105 Posts
I have never ridden on the trails, but I am planning to this year, otherwise its the ditches and fields...High speed on river ice is fun too!!! Might be a stupid thing to do, but its fun!!!

It's not fair to give only a tiny bit, weatherman, gotta have more now!

·
Registered
37 Posts
I really like riding on freshly groomed trails after a nice snowfall the night before. I like the lakes for speed though and since there's not really any mountains in minnesota I ride ditches which can be occasionally fun.

2001 XC SP 800 rules!!!

·
Registered
268 Posts
Making my own trail... wait a minute, thats what I always do around here! lol! When I do find a previously ridden trail, they are sweet!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ride Snowmobiles, baseball, bowling, and golf require only ONE ball!!
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

·
Registered
27 Posts
The wide open fields with a pack of sleds.
Where I live the rolling wheat fields are sled heaven with no fences in the winter.
I really like going trail riding up in the mountains till it snows down lower also.

Who ever dies with the most toys wins.

·
Registered
11,943 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE id=quote><font size=1 face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id=quote>quote:<hr height=1 noshade id=quote>Originally posted by Bman:

Drifts are kind of cool. I like to punch through them. [/quote]

I love drifts! I like driving in ditches by fields that have huge drifts and then drifts left by the snow going around the electric poles! They make nice jumps.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Follwing the groomer around all night long. Best riding available is from midnight to daylight. The adrenline will keep you going, so you can't stop long. Make it through the woods, lots of twisty windies and smooth. Crank down the skis and hang on.

·
Registered
311 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE id=quote><font size=1 face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id=quote>quote:<hr height=1 noshade id=quote>Originally posted by muttcat:

Follwing the groomer around all night long. Best riding available is from midnight to daylight. The adrenline will keep you going, so you can't stop long. Make it through the woods, lots of twisty windies and smooth. Crank down the skis and hang on.

[/quote]

I find it is a little easier to go fast during the night. You can see the head lights in the distance. Of course it is harder to see changes in the trail too.

"Meaningless Ride"

·
Registered
278 Posts
My favorite terrain is anywhere it's WHITE!!!!!!
I need snow or at least colder temps, it's supposed to be 48 Sunday.
That svcks!

I do agree with Wry, I feel safer riding at night. It's easier to see oncoming sleds, just have to watch out for those deer.

RtkatZL8

Edited by - rtkatzl8 on 30 Nov 2001 22:35:16

·
Registered
874 Posts
The mountains do it for me too! They offer everything...trails, all types of hills, open meadows, powder, and scenery.

21 - 33 of 33 Posts