Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
2,770 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The riser block thread gave me a thought about how you all like to ride.
I am just woundering what position you like riding in.
I know mountian guys like Flange and 2000TCMC will reply standing, with chin on handle bars, but what about the rest of you.

No need for a poll, but here's my options...
1. sitting all the time, feet ahead, just criusing, taking full advantage of 10 inches of foam seat
2. sitting mostly, feet back once in a while for a tight corner
3. feet back always, leaning way out on corners, sitting up when airbourne
4. tucked behind windshield waiting for the time-portal to open - (Madcow - where are you?)
5. standing, sitting 50/50
6. standing 70/30 - boondockers select here
7. standing 100 - with chin on handle bars and reaching for the sky

·
Administrator
13,095 Posts
I suppose it depends on the situation. When I'm around home, in known areas, I'd say either #5 or #6 with lots of standing. On trips to unknown areas, where I'm riding with a large group of ppl, going relatively slow on groomed trails, it's probably #3.

Basically anywhere smooth, such as a groomed trail or a winding trail through the bush, I'm sitting to make it easier for leaning purposes, or just cuz it's smooth. Anywhere there are hills and bumps and such, I stand because standing is more of a "ready" position for jumps and bumps.

·
Registered
1,932 Posts
Wouldn't want to make you wrong on your assumptions
7 Standing all the time (I try to keep my chin off the bars)but definately reaching for the sky at every opprotunity.

6 is probably a more realistic pick for me since we do have to ride trails occasionaly to get to the powder

·
Registered
312 Posts
3 - always have my feet behind me, and i will start to stand once i get tired of the bumps - that was on my 98 XC600 at least, new sled may be different

·
Registered
3,675 Posts
Number 6 probably for me. The only time i sit is in the tight n twisties or when i am slowly riding back home all worn out. The ditches i ride require 100% attention and being ready for the bumps and jumps so standing is the best option.

·
Registered
2,729 Posts
I'd call myself 3 or 4, those 90 + mph rides across the lake get cold unless you duck down behind that hunk of plexiglass[8D]

·
Registered
187 Posts
That all depends of the wifes mood she's in.
And by the way thats a very gay looking spider man dancing above me LMAO

·
Registered
330 Posts
IT always depends on the sutation. I sit/stand about 50/50, however I do like to stand on 1 leg and kneel on the seat with my other leg. people always make fun of me for this, but I've always done it. and yes, spidy does look a little femmy above!

·
Registered
119 Posts
Squating with my ass an inch off the seat,head below the windshield, feet back a bit, crotch on the fuel tank, right fist tight as it'll go on the throttle. Then when I'm out of the garage...

·
Registered
9,619 Posts
unles im just crusing, i would say 6, and if im crusing, it would be 3

·
Registered
4 Posts
[blue]Vipersj, Now that was hilarious! LOL! I like your style.[^][/font=Comic Sans MS][/size=6][/blue]

·
Super Moderator
11,279 Posts
Im probley sitting most of the time but my favorite position is standing..

1 - 20 of 50 Posts