Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
6,904 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
what's your take on the slp can? The reason I am asking this is I was thinking about getting one i also live in ny and they have that dumb law about exhaust, i wanna lose some weight is another reason. if any one has a sound clip that would be cool mabey of it idling at midrange and at wot. i just dont wanna get a ticket. my buddie that had a dg turned heads everytime. i mean i like the sound of the dg but when i go up north for rides there are check points. hope u guys no where i am coming from their are too many I's.

·
Registered
1,374 Posts
Run the DG, and when we come up on a checkpoint, Ill tow ya thru it[:D] or will do the LOST thing again,

·
Registered
6,904 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yea lol how am i gunna do that at the gas station when it is echoing a mile.

·
Registered
1,374 Posts
hhhhmmmmmmmmm?????? we weld your stock exhaust canister around it, as to make it look like a sleeper, "Honest Officer, its all stock." just remember, you are entitled to one phone call

·
Registered
6,904 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
yea well i am not sure if i am goin to even register my sled this year new york is not gunna get snow were gunna have another year.

·
Registered
2,916 Posts
valvoline, shut it, pay the $70 and register it man, the cops will be more pissed about a registration than exhaust!

·
Registered
126 Posts
go with the thing can, ur struthers

·
Registered
2,973 Posts
The slp can isn't that much louder than stock for that model, but can tell the difference in the tone.

·
Registered
855 Posts
yeah I have the SLP can and I think the stock can was louder. It deff. sounds better though !

·
Registered
62 Posts
I run an SLP single pipe and can on my 04 800 xcsp. There very little difference in sound level just throatier and that is when it is sitting next to a stock 800.

·
Registered
1,166 Posts
On my EDGE X I have an SLP can that was thoroughly used when I bought it. It is a bit louder than stock but nothing that anybody would bother you a bit. Its just as loud as my stock 1995 XCR 600 was. The SLP basically loses a good few pounds while hardly any gain in noise, its just more of a deeper tone.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts