Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1,057 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ive picked of 3 fairly cheep.

first one was a 1985 yamaha tri moto 225 for 400

second was a complete 86 suzuki 230 quad sport needing timing set and other work for 150.00.

third was a 87 quad sport for 50 bucks 3/4 complete with a good motor and other parts.

took and put all the good parts of the running 86 and built the 87 the motor was better. so ended up with one 100 perctent complete 87 quad sport and almost a whole 86 for parts for $200.
heres before and after on the tri moto but aint got any downloaded of the quad sport yet.
201061503020296_23430.jpg
2010616232417322_23430.jpg

·
Registered
2,585 Posts
Looks great Cory. My brother used to mess around on those things so much. He rolled so many times out in the sand dunes.
Let me know if you know of somebody with a newish sport quad that will trade for a sled or two.
Nice to hear you're still having fun!

·
Registered
1,057 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
tdgbigfoot said:
Looks great Cory. My brother used to mess around on those things so much. He rolled so many times out in the sand dunes.
Let me know if you know of somebody with a newish sport quad that will trade for a sled or two.
always having fun, gotta have the toys. theres been a few on craigslist looking to trade for sleds.

·
Registered
2,585 Posts
crazyzrt600 said:
tdgbigfoot said:
always having fun, gotta have the toys. theres been a few on craigslist looking to trade for sleds.
Ok, ill check around.
Still got my 'yota?

·
Registered
1,057 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
nope traded for a nissan pathfinder, came with over a 1,000 dollars worth of new parts in the packages spares, plus 2 sets of tires and a bunch of other goodies for it. headers,cold air intake, remaped computer. lots of good stuff.

·
Registered
2,585 Posts
Nice! man, glad that worked out good for you.
I'm trying to find a newer wheeler, something sporty.

·
Registered
1,057 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
tdgbigfoot said:
Nice! man, glad that worked out good for you.
I'm trying to find a newer wheeler, something sporty.
keep your eyes on craigslist, ill let you know if i see anything.

·
Registered
2,585 Posts
thanks. searching right now.

·
Registered
1,057 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
heres some pics of the 87 completely done use parts from both wheelers. black pics are the 86 when i got it and now its striped. yellow are the 87 done.

201075102159918_23430.jpg

20107510273127_23430.jpg

Attachments

·
Registered
2,585 Posts
Looks nice! Fun too!

·
Registered
841 Posts
I got a 1995 polaris scrambler 400. Im currently in the processes of rebuilding the entire motor top and bottom end. I just need a few missing parts like the seat and brake lever then i should be all set. Oh and im also painting the plastics gloss black and going to have a red pin stripe going down the sides of the wheeler. i should be done with the entire thing in like a couple weeks.

·
Registered
2,585 Posts
Cory, saw your add. Would you trade for a sled?

·
Registered
1,057 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Metallica19991 said:
I got a 1995 polaris scrambler 400. Im currently in the processes of rebuilding the entire motor top and bottom end. I just need a few missing parts like the seat and brake lever then i should be all set. Oh and im also painting the plastics gloss black and going to have a red pin stripe going down the sides of the wheeler. i should be done with the entire thing in like a couple weeks.
sound cool there fun wheelers. al's snowmobile might have the parts used you need.

tdgbigfoot said:
gotta find a vehical or way to get to work. got mad and smashed all the windows out of the pathfinder. so gotta replace it.

·
Registered
2,585 Posts
oooh. Ouch.
Hmmm. damn, i cant think of anything.

Let me know if something works out, id trade you my 94 indy 440, and if you wanted it, my 83 bravo. Could even throw in my 88 citation.

·
Registered
1,057 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
ill let you know

·
Registered
841 Posts
crazyzrt600 said:
Metallica19991 said:
sound cool there fun wheelers. al's snowmobile might have the parts used you need.

tdgbigfoot said:
gotta find a vehical or way to get to work. got mad and smashed all the windows out of the pathfinder. so gotta replace it.
I never even thought of als... i will definately give them a call. Thanks for the info

·
Registered
1,057 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Metallica19991 said:
crazyzrt600 said:
Metallica19991 said:

tdgbigfoot said:
I never even thought of als... i will definately give them a call. Thanks for the info
no problem you could try ebay also.

·
Registered
841 Posts
yeah i tried ebay and i can get all the parts i need. all i need now is just the seat, brake handle and resivoir, and the air box assembly

·
Registered
1,057 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Metallica19991 said:
yeah i tried ebay and i can get all the parts i need. all i need now is just the seat, brake handle and resivoir, and the air box assembly
ya i would try al's

1 - 20 of 20 Posts