Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, i have '89 MX 462LC and it has newly rebuilt motor and it is almost completely broken in.

One question,sometimes after i hit 85km/h and let go of the throttle sometimes it sticks at 4000rpm and makes a weird noise.

Does anybody know what could be wrong?? It's oil injection, liquid cooled, and has 2 carbs.

Also, when i gun it off the start it dosnt do a wheelie, someone told me to loosen a tightener and tighten the very front shocks in the rear supsension and loosen off the 2 back ones? Should i do this and if so how do i do it?? Will this alter the performance in any way? By the way my machine is studded and it still dosnt pull one.

I dont care if it alters the performance a little bit but if it makes a big change i wont.

ok, thanks for the replys.

·
Registered
8,108 Posts
Wheelies are BAD! All they do is make the sled uncontrollable out of the corner. Your going hard around the corner chasing your buddie, you gun it, and what happens? Your inside ski flies off the ground, and you go rolling into the woods, hitting a tree. Just say no!

What you would do is loosen the front limiter strap, tighten the front track shock... Bring in the rear limiter strap, and loosen the rear shock. Wheelies galore. Even your buddes 340 fan polaris can do it.

-Dean

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
The sticking problem sounds dangerous. I think of three things it could be. the secondary is not shifting up and down properly due to wear in it somewhere. The primary has a sticking problem also due to wear. Or the slide on one of the carbs is getting held up somehow.

·
Registered
2,584 Posts
is it good an cold? carbs may be icing up, dry some dry gas, isopropyl. Yeah wheelies are fun but they can be dangerous and aren't the optimal traction setup. Sorry to tell you but your sled just may not have the power to pull it. Also if the track just spins it won't stand up but just well spin.

·
Registered
614 Posts
I agree with Hotrod, take apart your clutches, clean them and check for any worn parts. As far as doing wheelies. You have to loosen off the front limit strap, but doing that may cause you to brake and spit out your track, a guy I know lost 3 on his DooDoo that model of chassis. Don't do it! Stirring is important.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts