Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
3,040 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What is better for high wheelies, I way 105 pounds, tighter or loose suspension.

·
Administrator
13,092 Posts
Wheelies are dangerous and you should actually try to avoid them. If your front end is in the air, you have less control.

But if you insist on trying to impress people with popping the front in the air, remove your rear scissor stops and loosen your front limiter straps as far as they will go. This will get rid of most of your ski pressure and you won't be able to steer worth anything, but your front end will pop in the air quite easily.

·
Registered
3,040 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
What would be better without doing that tighter or looser suspension.

·
Administrator
13,092 Posts
Neither. It doesn't matter. You need to screw up weight transfer to get the front end up, and to do that you need to lengthen front limiter straps and get rid of rear scissor stops.

·
Registered
2,584 Posts
or get a lot more power. and lighten your sled a lot. ZRTs are heavy suckers big time wheelies aren't easy. And I never recommend setting a sled just to do them. Its really pointless cause if you want to go ride on the trails or race you have to change it back and really who sits in a field and does wheelies all day long? It may look cool the first 1 or 2 times but after that its gonna get old.

·
Administrator
13,092 Posts
Sled Dog is right. Wheelies are pointless. Who cares if u can put your skis in the air? Any sled can do it if u loosen limiter straps and remove rear scissor stops, any sled can pop "wheelies" Including 340's

·
Registered
3,040 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I already can pull the skis prety high, but it is excellent in the trails, but I thought if you change the stiffness, it would transfer more weight, and pull the front end higher.

·
Registered
506 Posts
man, wheelies may look cool, but they can really teach some respect for the sled's power if you do it wrong, I've seen race sleds hit the rear bumper on the ground so hard that when she bounces back foraward the skiis dont even touch the ground and the rear bumper smashes off on it's second impact.

I personally know what it feels like to be looking at the ground from 9-10' up in the air from the sled standing up and my leening as far forward as I can to try to keep it down. (murphy's law, the race she stands up like that is ALWAYS the race theres a guy in the next lane side by side with you and you don't wanna let off 'cause you'll lose)

anyways ya, wheelies, they look cool, but they're really dangerous, and don't prove anything, any snowmobile, with a little suspensionwork can be made to come over on itself, what do you prove by demonstrateing this? that you have lots of money to buy a new sled is the only thing I can think of

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
You should have the suspension as light as it goes for your wieght anyways. I like wheelies. Pmans right loosen front strap remove or adjust rear scissor stop.

·
Registered
3,188 Posts
I agree with these guys. Wheelies are pointless, and actually make your machine slower if your drag racing, and more dangerous to drive if your flying down a bumpy trail and cornering too. The handling of the machine will suffer. I wouldn't recommend it, but thats just my opinion.

·
Registered
2,584 Posts
I know what you mean junior, there is always some guy lined up RIGHT next to me when I really go out of control. I can't stand it cause the guys see me racing and that the sled picks up and goes to the right so I space myself out from the others with a space to the right and someone ALWAYS takes that as a chance to get in the race like I saved them a spot. WRONG you'll find out in a second when I am bumping plastic why that was there buddy. I figure this though, get a good holeshot and it doesn't matter which way you go cause you have to be in front to cut someone off ;) doesn't work for sanctioned racing but for backyard grass drags its funny.

·
Registered
506 Posts
lol, SD that's funny, ya, I generally only go ifficial races and I point the sled to the left and she bellcurves around. weird and stupid but it works

ok guys, U wanna see what wheelies can do, go here

http://www.geocities.com/thunderboltz02/page1.html

and click on cosdra wheelie contest, I was standing right there for that and man, it was hilarious, it's great to see people do stupid stuff on sleds. this guy thought it'd be funny to run a race modified sled in the wheelie contest with changed suspension... well, it WAS funny

·
Registered
3,040 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Looks like that guy might be hurting.

·
Registered
506 Posts
he rode the next day, the sled was hurting tho, smashed the bumpers, smashed the hell outa the suspenion, and I believe it sharked the tunnel to. pretty impressive tho eh?

·
Registered
1,932 Posts
To much traction. Didn't look good for the sled at all.
I do know what ZRT6 is talking about though I love come over a little rise in the powder and hammer the throttle and keep the front end in the air a while. It a lot of fun in 3-4' of powder.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts