Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
476 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i was just going through some pics and came across this one, mabye this is why i like snowmobiling so much[attachment=52053]

Attachments

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
i first got on a sled when i was 8 and fell asleep, loved the sport ever since

·
Registered
6,184 Posts
I was hooked from the beginning. I have a couple pictures where im younger and on sled but i dont have them scanned onto the computer yet.
[attachment=50550][attachment=50548]
[attachment=50547]

Attachments

·
Registered
348 Posts
I was bout 10yrs old when my dad brought one of these mini's home from work one day. He created an addict without even knowing it at the time.

[attachment=52067]

that was 30+ yrs ago and I'm still kicking the powder around.

Attachments

·
Registered
625 Posts
Back then it was a true "trail ride".You felt every little bump riding on those bogey wheels and no front shocks.Also learned real fast on the leaning technique.I started out on an 72 Cat 399 than dad got my own.That was a 72 340 TNT.I wish I still had those.

·
Registered
1,456 Posts
3 yrs old on a 72 kitty cat. My older brother and I were so small that we figured out that we could pull a sled behind the old girl with one of us on it and it went just as fast as if only one of us was on it.
I was 5 when we figured out how to bypass the governor with a showlace. My mother wasnt to thrilled when she she saw her 5 and 6 year old sons doing 15 mph over jumps in the front lawn.

·
Registered
5,138 Posts
I was 10 when my best friends dad turned us loose on a pair of highly modded (cobbeled together) 196?'s Polaris Colts!!!

·
Registered
1,165 Posts
first times will be this year at 17, bought first sled last year and rode it once,
[attachment=41032]

Attachments

·
Registered
351 Posts
I live in Idaho and we have some of the best riding around so Ive heard. And still I grew up not riding sleds till last year when my job involves riding sleds to do maintenance stuff. So now Im hooked talked the owner into selling me his sleds '00 600 and 700 RMK's with 1800 miles!Bought the sleds for $4000 with a drive on drive off and now he pays me to ride them and pays me rental fees. So this puts owning a sled one of the best things that has happened I have always been an outdoors man and now this gives me the excuse to be out there in the winter enjoying the outdoors. Finally living it up to the sledding extent in Idaho! BIG JOHNSON[:D][:D]

·
Registered
15,722 Posts
My mom said I was 13 months old on my first ride.

I beelive the first time by my self was when I was 6 or 7.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I guess I was 4 because that was the first year we owned sleds. My little brother was born in August '80 and was riding in my mom's coat that winter 4-5 months old. Probably not he safest but it was a different time. A lot parents did back then would not go over so well now. Learned on the old trusty 78 jag. We rode it up till 2002-3? and then the engine went boom a second time and we upgraded. Wish I would have fixed it now for old time sake.

·
Registered
2,067 Posts
Originally posted by 78jag340
[br]I guess I was 4 because that was the first year we owned sleds. My little brother was born in August '80 and was riding in my mom's coat that winter 4-5 months old. Probably not he safest but it was a different time. A lot parents did back then would not go over so well now. Learned on the old trusty 78 jag. We rode it up till 2002-3? and then the engine went boom a second time and we upgraded. Wish I would have fixed it now for old time sake.
Story goes that my mother was 7 months pregnant with me riding the old Polaron (sp?) in the backyard. My dad looks over and she dumps it on its side, laughing the whole time. Maybe that's why my head looks like Frankenstein's. Like you said, it was a different time back then

First time i climbed on a sled I was probably 4. My dad bought a 77 Colts SS 340 that someone dipped in a lake and it sat under the toolbench for years waiting for a rebuild. I climbed on under it, pulling the throttle, making noises, etc.

First time actually riding I was probably 7 or so. My dad finally got around to fixing the Colt. He put me on an old orange AMF. He rode the Colt. We just goofed around the yard for a while.

Bryan

·
Registered
690 Posts
I was 3 or 4, i rode a kitty kat, then when i turned about 6 i got an 87 or 88 indy sport 340

·
Registered
1,427 Posts
i was 5 and i was riding with my dad on his 81 ski-doo citation 4500to cross a creek and he left me on the other side so he came and got me lol

1 - 17 of 17 Posts