Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My track on my 93 storm has about 10 pulled studs. The track is plyable and not dry rotted. Just wondering if I could prob make it another season without replacing it?

·
Registered
481 Posts
I guess it all depends on where the studs pulled out and if it torn the track to the edge on a window or the outer edge of the track. Myself if there was 10 pulled picks I would change it out but if there was only a few I would use it as long as there was no rips to an edge like I said above.

·
Registered
33 Posts
i know on my vmax i had a couple riped out and one was pretty close to the edge of a window figured it would be ok and let me tell u what at 90mph it made a mess tore the u know what out of the back of my sled,if there are any that looked like it has torn more than the size of your backer i would not run it.

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks Guys. I'm not going to run it. I have a 1995 Indy 340 lite. It has the same size track I was wondering if tracks are generally the same thickness. It is in really good shape. If I put it on the storm I don't want it to shred. I just want to make sure it will handle it.

·
Registered
9,987 Posts
speeddemon383 said:
Thanks Guys. I'm not going to run it. I have a 1995 Indy 340 lite. It has the same size track I was wondering if tracks are generally the same thickness. It is in really good shape. If I put it on the storm I don't want it to shred. I just want to make sure it will handle it.
Just switch the tracks on the 2 sleds, the 340 won't have the power to rip the track, it'll probably last a few seasons.

·
Registered
1,791 Posts
You could just do what this guy did and turn it into a flat track lol

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NeToGj2-eYk

·
Registered
737 Posts
driving a track with studs pulled out is no big deal but keep an eye on it once you see a tear its time. I saw my buddy pull a holeshot with a ripped track and it blew off I pissed my pants laughing luckily it was in his yard.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts