Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Guys,

I have a question about my clutch. I have a 2000 700 dlx 45th anniversary. It has almost 8000 miles on it. I just had the engine rebuilt (cylinders, Pistons, ect)The only thing that has never gotten work was the clutch. With that many miles I am assuming that it will probably need some work. It runs fine now, but I don't want to have to deal with it during the season if I don't have to.

Do you guys think I will be fine the way it is? If not what should be done to it?

I would like to keep it stock and not buy any special kits or anything. I figure I will probably need new springs, but is there anything else?

Do you guys know how much $$$ this job would run?

Thanks in advance for your input.

·
Registered
4,983 Posts
New springs are about $20 each. You probably need new buttons in the secondary another $25. A clutch kit will run you about $200 and give you new springs and a helix. If you like the way your sled performs just put in new springs and buttons. You should also check the weights, bushings and retaining botls for wear. If you spent all that money for an engine rebuild a clutch tuneup is cheap and will give you back the bang for your buck. I would think, at 8K mile you'd be ready for some relatively minor clutch work.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts