Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I havent noticed any threads on the 07 Polaris line up so I thought I would share my thoughts on the 07 IQ 600 CFI.

So far I have put about 180 miles on the new IQ with limited snow of about 8 to 12 inches. This sled is unreal! On ungroomed back country trails that were throwing me around a bit last year with the 04 XCSP the IQ eats these trails up with ease.

My daughter BF who bought my XCSP was ahead of me through the trails and as I watched him being tossed around by some good sized bumps I prepared myself for the impact he was recieving only to find that I hardley even felt any of the bumps he was hitting.
Through the moguls I just hit the throttle to lift the skis and rear suspension does an awesome job of soaking them up.

The acceleration and throttle response is like no other sled I have ridden. I have had it up to 93 so far on a short run and it seemed like it had much more left. I have heard that the ECM is programmed to run rich for the first 300 miles and if thats the case this thing will be even quicker once I reach that point.

It took me a few miles to get used to the different rider positioning but once I did get used to it I was able to take corners at a much higher speed than I was with the XCSP. All in all I totally love this sled and could never go back to the older chasis style.

Is there anything I dont like about the 07 IQ? I have noticed some darting on groomed trails but I think I can take care of this with some adjustments. Another thing is that I cant understand why this sled did not come with fishbones as it is a high performance sled. Other than this I have no complaints and am extremely satisfied with my purchase so far.

Hopefully this weekend I will see how she handles in some deeper snow as we are suppose to get over 12" here on Friday.

Joe

·
Registered
1,613 Posts
Good Review Joe....very honestly said.. I was riding a 94 Indy 500 for years and hitting the bumps, then bought a new '05 XCSP 600 and to me..that was heaven in comparison to the Indy. Is the I that huge of a leap in handling from the XCSP....I know there were not many changes between the '04 and '05 XCSP. Did the '04 XCSP's have Fox or M10.

Were you bustin on you son and called him your daughter BF. Reading your post, you were saying "him" "his". i was thinking you are totally bustin on your boy. lol

JT

·
Registered
3,675 Posts
I have a review of my switchback 600ho cfi floating around out there. It basically says exactly what your's does. I'll be breaching that 300 mile mark next week, I hadnt heard anything about the ECM changing after 300 miles. If it does, this sled is going to flat out rip after that happens. It makes sense that there will be a change, Ski-Doo's SDI leans out after 300miles and we all know where Polaris' CFI technology came from [:D]

·
Registered
2,898 Posts
Theres a review of all of them in the new issue of SuperTRAX International

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Originally posted by XCSPDUDE
[br]Good Review Joe....very honestly said.. I was riding a 94 Indy 500 for years and hitting the bumps, then bought a new '05 XCSP 600 and to me..that was heaven in comparison to the Indy. Is the I that huge of a leap in handling from the XCSP....I know there were not many changes between the '04 and '05 XCSP. Did the '04 XCSP's have Fox or M10.

Were you bustin on you son and called him your daughter BF. Reading your post, you were saying "him" "his". i was thinking you are totally bustin on your boy. lol

JT
The 04 XCSP with the Edge suspension was the best riding sled I had ever had until I got the IQ. I didnt realize how much better the ride was until I got back on my XCSP and not only was the ride much better with the IQ but the first thing I noticed after jumping back on the XCSP was the rider positioning.

On the XCSP my knees are higher than my hips and even though this position seemed comfortable for many years once you ride on a new rider forward chasis the difference is night and day and much more comfy.

LOL it really is my daughters boy friend who bought my XCSP..

·
Registered
1,613 Posts
^^^^^I feel like an idiot...but my daughter is only 5, so I guess I did not know what the BF was. Thanks for the info. I need to test ride an IQ this year. Thanks for the info.

·
Registered
459 Posts
I have almost 500 miles on my Dragon. It's a GREAT sled so far. Pulls very strong from holeshot to 100 mph+. One recal on it to fix a throttle hesitation. I also had a new clutch put on because it would not shim correctly (Polaris picked up the tab) and a new lower A-arm (Polaris warranty). It handles every bit as good as my 2004 ProX2 800. . . maybe better. It also feels stronger in the mid range and top end, but I haven't raced the two sleds yet.

·
Registered
945 Posts
I don't think the IQ ECU is programmed like ski-doos, so i think what you have is what you got... I have to get one!!!! Maybe the rumors of the 800 CFI will be true.

·
Registered
364 Posts
what size dragon ???? i ran a 700 at the radar run and it was really slow . it was all stock and i think it only had like 200 miles on it . in the 660ft it ran 76.2mph and I'm only 150 wet the guy that owned it said it was slow to and that it was in need of some good clutching . the guy also weighed 260 something .i will say the ride was ok but i have been on better .but for all the hype it's getting i just dont see whats so grate about it .

·
Registered
198 Posts
I took out my 2007 IQ last weekend in about 6-8 inches on the fields... let me just say this sled is unreal,this thing screams... I have not had the chance to bring it on any trials yet but I will let everyone know when I do...

I ran against a 2002 Polaris XC X 600 with minor mods done and I eat that sled alive... the new 600 HO is a power house for a 600...

Very Very impressed!!!! need more snow...

·
Registered
963 Posts
i know this is mainly for the 07 sleds but for the guys who want last years model so they can get a good deal. the RMK works great on trails and sucks up bumps, has great traction, and no darting. the only thing is it can be tippy on turns. it is very nice off trails and easy to throw around. i have yet to be challenged on a hill or drift. also the throttle response is great. i would like to have the ski's pull up a little. i loosened the limiter strap and that helped a bit, plus they don't have scissor stops. otherwise it is a wonderful sled. ^^^ sounds like these 07's are performing.

·
Registered
532 Posts
My moms has a new 600 lx cfi and the handleing is the best out of all the sleds ive ridden and it all screams on the trail up to 100 mph

·
Registered
1,518 Posts
I have only put 13 miles on my iq lx in the 3 inches of snow we have but it has been awesome. the power is unbelivable and so is the suspension. I cant really say anything about handling as it was in 3 inches of snow and i was going back and forth accross a field. I cant wait until we get enough to go out on the trails. were supposed to get 3-4 inches tommorow and an inch or 2 on monday so if we get that i will be out on the trails.

·
Registered
532 Posts
the 600 cfi is so sick the power under the hood is unbelivible u will have so mutch fun with your new sled it is also decent in powder even though it has a 1" track

1 - 15 of 15 Posts