Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know of an online site that will list parts diagrams for 83 Polaris parts....so far the dealer only went back to 85 and I don't want to chance ordering the wrong parts. I need track carrier wheels and possibly a new clutch. I have a clutch from an 81 and an 82 (or 84) but they do not look exactly the same as the 83....does anyone know if the outer piece (where the belt rides) can be interchanged with different years?

·
Registered
2,505 Posts
http://www.snowmobileforum.com/forum/misc-snowmobile-parts/9039-parts-links-here.html#post67055

·
Registered
1,456 Posts
Not a good idea to mix and match clutch parts. A clutch is a balance assembly, so if you switch parts form one clutch to another, you will end up with an extremely unbalanced clutch. This usually results in the clutch exploding the first time you hit a high rpm.

·
Registered
340 Posts
http://parts.polarisind.com/Browse/Browse.asp

Copy & paste this in your browser window- this site should have what you need.

·
Registered
340 Posts
oops- sorry- that only goes to 1985.

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well....I found out that what I thought was an 83 Indy 600 is actually an 86 or 87 based on some input from some folks on this site. I bought some aftermarket wheels this weekend and put them on and all went well with that, but I also bought a used clutch only to find out that is was the wrong one when I tried to put it on today....so hopefully the guy can set me up with another one and have it shipped to me since I drove 45 minutes to get it. But if I have to drive out to get it I will definetly take my old one with me this time (I did not take it last time because I did not have the tool to take it off until I found out that my Matco steering wheel puller has the same size shaft and thread pitch so I used that and it worked great!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts