1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Administrator
13,095 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Where do you work on your machine?

I use the garage on our house, and our shop, pictured here:

/polarisman/../images/users/Polaris-Man/shop.jpg

I get pics when equipment is out of there. Too much junk right now.

·
Registered
9,619 Posts
work in my shop...heated ne everything...well stocked as it is on a farm...

·
Registered
802 Posts
In my parent's garage. Just fire up the torpedo heater and I'm ready.

·
Registered
3,046 Posts
hey Polaris Man, is that a lake or something front of the white building? I cant quite tell.. but if it is.. is that lake pretty good ice formed as of now? thickness?

·
Registered
3,063 Posts
the good ol' outdoors mostly...theres too much of my dads junk in the garage so I have to take everything apart outside then work on it inside, if its possible.

·
Registered
2,307 Posts
In my father's garage. Its insulated, and a K1 heater warms it up nice. He just had another two story two car garage built for the vehicals, so the old one is now just the "toy box"/work shop.

·
Registered
3,356 Posts
For smaller projects I work on it in my garage. I own an older house, so I re-wired the garage, had 220 service put in, insulated, and installed an electric heater with thermostat to the fuse box.

For bigger projects I usually trailer it over to a friends of mine. He enjoys wrenching and has ALL the tools.

·
Registered
762 Posts
I usually work in my friends garage...we stay at a friends house, and our grage is still being built back on our land. So when one breakes down the fixen up happens in his garage.

·
Registered
1,966 Posts
I built a 20x20 shop in my back yard about 10 years ago. I basically do nothing out there but work on sleds. I have pretty much anything that is needed and it is heated. My wife thinks I spend more time out there then I do in the house. I keep telling her it keeps me out of the bars. Riley

·
Registered
328 Posts
I work in our shop, in our back yard. I also work on them in the trailer once in awhile, all depends on the job. One of my friends though, whenever he has to rebuild an engine does it in his front room, he's done four engines in there now. lol And his wife doesn't even care.

·
Registered
2,307 Posts
Originally posted by summitteer
[br]I work in our shop, in our back yard. I also work on them in the trailer once in awhile, all depends on the job. One of my friends though, whenever he has to rebuild an engine does it in his front room, he's done four engines in there now. lol And his wife doesn't even care.
Now THATS an understanding women! God bless her soul!

·
Registered
2,770 Posts
Insulated 2.5 car car-hold, with furnace sitting nicely in the corner....but the the putz last homeowner DISCONNECTED the gas to it to put in a deck.....:(

Hey Pman....were you up a power pole for that shot, 2nd floor of house, you live in a bungalow I thought...or what?

·
Registered
1,360 Posts
I work on my sleds in my garage.My dad is starting to get mad at me now becasue thesleds are in the garage and his truck has to sit out side,so in them orning its freezing cold inside. This summer we are builindin a large garge in our yard as a shop for my dads cars,race cars,projects....and i get my own secton for all my toys like sleds,motorcycles,cars.....

·
Registered
103 Posts
Jeez guys, I don’t have to work on my sled… It’s a Polaris!!![;)][:D]

(Disclaimer: This post is a joke – nothing more, nothing less. The author in no way shape or form means to imply that Polaris sleds are better than any other brand. For entertainment purposes only. Do not carry passengers. Pass at your own risk. Do not operate under the influence of alcohol. Contents under pressure. Go directly to jail, do not pass go, do not collect $200. Objects in mirror may be closer than they appear. Trespassers may be shot. Objects may be hot to the touch. Always wear safety equipment. Any reference to other persons, living or dead, is strictly coincidence.)

Just a little end of the week humor… Hope everyone has a great weekend and gets lots of riding in! (I need it)

-Mike[:p]

·
Administrator
13,095 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
LMFAO @ Mike's disclaimer.

I think I need to insert something like that in my signature so everytime I reply ppl don't jump on my back about it.

And no, that's not a lake, that's a field.

·
Registered
2,770 Posts

·
Registered
671 Posts
well i work on my sleds in the shop. its gotta wood stove that keeps her toasty warm. in the front room i got the welder and all the tools. in the back room i have the drill press, mill, 15 foot long lathe for any parts in need to make. yea its quita place, its a little small and full of shit but its awesome.

·
Registered
2,770 Posts
Originally posted by xlt
[br]well i work on my sleds in the shop. its gotta wood stove that keeps her toasty warm. in the front room i got the welder and all the tools. in the back room i have the drill press, mill, 15 foot long lathe for any parts in need to make. yea its quita place, its a little small and full of shit but its awesome.
Sounds like you build your sleds from scratch...hardcore man....lol

·
Registered
117 Posts
Looks like an awesome set up P-Man.
I too am curious as to how you got that picture.

XLTMan that's a great disclaimer.

I now only have a 2 car garage and Jacqui has a 1 car garage.
I may decide to build that "ultimate" shop some day. It all depends on how long I end up staying here.

It all depends on the time of year and what the job is as to where we end up working on them. I have most of the tools we need and Jacqui is adding to her almost complete woodworking shop by getting more metal working tools. That saves me the hassle of bringing everything down to her place.

My last place had a 32' X 32' shop. The only thing wrong with it was that it had a gravel floor. It did come with an awesome test track when we got snow. (Sometimes after the beans were harvested, you could get rid of that late August itch. [^]

1 - 20 of 33 Posts