Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Where do you ride your sled at? im in the UP of michigan, its great up here. - brad

·
Registered
155 Posts
Anywhere I can find some stinking SNOW! But mostly in North Dakota up around Bottineau.

Live to Ride! - FrozenSmile

·
Registered
1,794 Posts
Usually ride the trails around town here during my week, come thursday and friday(days off) I head south a couple hours to ride the glourious Alaskan Range!

·
Registered
2,770 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE id=quote><font size=1 face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id=quote>quote:<hr height=1 noshade id=quote>Originally posted by ct55:
Where do you ride your sled at? im in the UP of michigan, its great up here. - brad

[/quote]

I am confused...which way is UP......

Just kidding, we get Detroit news here in Saskatchewan (on cable) and saw a weather report last week for the Upper Penninsula, I said hey...UP.

BTW: I ride (and will continue to ride after today) on the Saskatchewan prairies, no RMK needed here, but when we get lots of snow an SKS comes in handy. Also go up North where it is less flat into the Pasquia Hills, usually stay in a tent with a wood stove for 2 or 3 days.

·
Registered
412 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE id=quote><font size=1 face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id=quote>quote:<hr height=1 noshade id=quote>Originally posted by 500fasEnuf:
BTW: I ride (and will continue to ride after today) on the Saskatchewan prairies,

[/quote]
Sounds like you took the advice to keep the sled; I'm glad for you! Before you know it your kids will be old enough to ride one of those sleds along side you and you'll be glad you kept both of them.

<BLOCKQUOTE id=quote><font size=1 face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id=quote>quote:<hr height=1 noshade id=quote>Originally posted by 500fasEnuf:
Also go up North where it is less flat into the Pasquia Hills, usually stay in a tent with a wood stove for 2 or 3 days.

[/quote]
Wow! Now that's roughing it! I prefer a nice cozy motel room!

We ride mostly in southern Ontario (yes, there is riding here; some pretty good riding in fact!)
We try and do at least one trip north to Parry Sound or Katrine where we get together with some sledding buddies that heeded the call to move north.

Jacqui.

·
Registered
9,619 Posts
ND.......anywhere i can find snow.....ditches, fields if enough snow, lakes, and the coulee:

When's Winter Coming Back?​

·
Registered
8,842 Posts
every where.lol
/snofan/../images/users/madcow/Dsc00002.jpg

nothing goes like three holes!!!!!!!

·
Registered
93 Posts
I usually go as little as I need to to get snow. That means here in Northern IL (rarely), Wisconsin (a little more) and the U.P. (a lot!)

I want to ride every day, all day, as fast as I can.

·
Administrator
13,092 Posts
@ madcow

Checkin the corn crop?

Ride the Best!

·
Registered
3,188 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE id=quote><font size=1 face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id=quote>quote:<hr height=1 noshade id=quote>Originally posted by Polaris-Man:
@ madcow

Checkin the corn crop?

Ride the Best!
[/quote]

LOL! Or maybe he's spraying pesticides with his exhaust.

·
Registered
36 Posts
I live in Marquette, Mi which is in the UP. All the hills out here are great only problem is stumps. LOL as i found out the hard way

Justin Jarmus

·
Registered
36 Posts
I dont thing he is being very safe. But if looks like he is hauling a$$. I have a question for you guys. Riding on grass is bad for your snowmobile or is that eveyone just make a big deal about riding cause of the heat exchange.

Justin Jarmus

·
Registered
2,273 Posts
I ride at my cottage. Haliburton Ontario.

[red]GO HARD, OR GO HOME - THEY MAKE NEW ONES EVERY DAY[/size=2][/red]

·
Registered
412 Posts
I live in a subdivision in the city, and no-one around me has snowmobiles that I've ever seen. When we work on the sleds at my house we have to run them across the front lawn to load them on the trailer. I just smile at the neighbours and tell them I'm aerating my lawn!

Jacqui.

1 - 20 of 51 Posts