Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,787 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know where in Wisconsin the trails are open? If so tell me how to get there, and where I can park my truck. Thanks...

·
Registered
15,722 Posts
None that I know of. Hunting season or lack of snow have them closed. Sorry man you got to wait like the rest of us...

·
Registered
1,518 Posts
I was wondereing the same thing. Damn deer hunters. I bet many people will say the hell with em if the signs are up as hunters shouldnt shoot at you as they shure as hell should here you and deer dont normaly move threw the woods at 50 mph

·
Registered
1,787 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Originally posted by wilb
[br]I was wondereing the same thing. Damn deer hunters. I bet many people will say the hell with em if the signs are up as hunters shouldnt shoot at you as they shure as hell should here you and deer dont normaly move threw the woods at 50 mph
I'm riding tomorrow, in Wisconsin, open trails or not.

·
Registered
4,322 Posts
if you ride on the trails then you should get a fine. its people who ride on the trails when they arent open yet that causes land owners not to donate land any more

·
Registered
1,787 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Originally posted by Bobinwi
[br]if you ride on the trails then you should get a fine. its people who ride on the trails when they arent open yet that causes land owners not to donate land any more
So in terms of land owners, what's the difference between riding today, and riding 10 days from now? If trails are closed because of lack of snow, that's a different story. Besides I think a fine would be worth it.

·
Registered
4,322 Posts
the land owners are the ones who actually say when the trails open. whether it be today or ten days from now its still THEIR LAND. people start riding now they could just turn around and say no i wont let you use my land this year. they have that decision.

·
Registered
2,718 Posts
Agreed, don't piss off the land owners. We have had issues in my area with large land owners not giving us permission to go through their property after a so many years of having it. Let me tell you, it's a pain in the rear. More road driving or more crappy detours because guys abuse the privilege of driving on land.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Well for 1 im in walworth,wi the trails are closed and i got like 15 inches.If it is because of hunting they should allow night riding cause you cant hunt at night just my 2 cents i called the snophone for walworth,wi and it says trails are closed because not all the signs are in and some crops are still up. This has happened the last 5 years here my snow club sucks they are lazy never getting the signs in on time this is probly one of the best snow falls for the year and i cant ride because of the signs are not in and i Drove around today looking not one field is up in a 40 mile radius of where i ride. Whats the point of being in a snow club dontating money when these lazy A$$ people cant even get the signs in.

·
Registered
666 Posts
Well, just got back from signing and guess what happened... we ran into a pissed off land owner that wouldnt let us sign on his property because last year, there were way to many "renegades" ripping up hes fields when the trails werent open. And as of Dec. 1st of every year, we are allowed to open trails if conditions allow, so if the trails are not open in your area, its more than likely because some clubs are dragging ass, and they still need to groom the trails before they can be opened.

I want to get out just as bad as the rest of you guys, but trust me, its worth the wait.

·
Registered
1,716 Posts
I was talking to Mike over at M&P salvage yesterday, and he mentioned something about Mukwonago trail's opening the 2nd weekend of Dec.
He's a member of the local club here, and marked most of the trail's himself, so I figure he know's what he's talking about!
Rick

·
Registered
1,787 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I must have found the only place in WI where the trails were actually open. I drove around for a while, and then found a parking lot with a bunch of trucks and sled trailers. Sure enough the trails seemed to be open. All the gates on the trails were open, and the signs claimed the trails were open. I saw about 20 other sledders, and managed to put on about 50 miles. Not to bad.

·
Registered
666 Posts
WHERE I WANT TO GO, and that section of trail ended up getting signed today, only condition was that we had to put a gate were the trail meets the field... I never knew you could buy gates in blaze orange [:)]

1 - 19 of 19 Posts