Snowmobile Fanatics banner
1 - 20 of 66 Posts

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just need some support from other frustrated Ohioans. I rebuilt a homemade trailer and am all ready to head over to Ashtabula to ride but it dont do me any good if there aint no snow!!!! All I have done so far this year is about 2 miles riding around the yard. I just taught my son to ride his ET250 by himself at the start of December but then the snow disappeared!!! Also, I can't be the only one who gets tired of hearing these people on the TV and radio when they complain about cold snowy weather in Ohio (when we get it). If they complain about the snow (when we get it) then they shouldn't be living in Ohio, am I right? I feel a LITTLE better now that I vented. Thanks.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I am here in ohio and I wish it would just snow!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
The weather man is never right ever
I love the cold and wish I lived up north
Cant even ride in pa What a winter I dont even need
a winter coat lol I think I am going to sell all
sleds for to put towards another bass boat.
But I am extremly excited about looking at a liquidator
I found yes in southern ohio
makes you wonder what a good day tomorrow will be

·
Registered
690 Posts
i live in northwest ohio and i am tired of not having snow, this is the worst year ever, why can't we get a huge blizzard like they had in 78

·
Registered
248 Posts
Yeah no Doubt Im In Wyandot County And this Is A Mudd Hole.. Nothing but warm high 40's low 50's and rain sucks.. hopefully we get some snow i remember last year saint patrick day was the last day we had any snow.. i hope we get a good snow storm.....

·
Registered
340 Posts
Hey fellow Ohioians! Check out the weather forcasts for mid to late next week. It looks like cold air is going to drop down and winter might just finally make an appearance. Dick Goddard said yesterday that we all need to remember that mother nature bats last! February, March, and sometimes April can provide us buckeyes with copious amounts of snow. See you (maybe even next weekend) on the greeway trail! Think Snow and think positive!

·
Registered
985 Posts
I'm praying for snow. Lets see, the bucks kill the gators monday then tuesday we get dumped on. man that would be a great week.

of course i can't really complain too much we never get much snow here SW ohio.

·
Registered
776 Posts
Snow deprived Ohio role call checking in, haha

I am located in NW Ohio in Findlay

There was an arcticle in the paper the other day. Snow fall totals for 2006 were only 8.3 inches, 4.3 of which came on one day around the second week of February I believe, which I do not believe stuck around very long.

I thought last season was bad enough but man this is going to make for one depressing 2007!

PS: I just bought a two place trailer for this season, sorry guys its all my fault! haha Never fails, the more money you invest in this sport the less it snows! Argh!

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yeah, when I was rebuilding my new (used) trailer in early November I remember being out in the garage freezing or chocking on torpedo heater fumes.....guess I just should have waited till January to rebuild it so I could work on it in my tee-shirt. My temp tag on the trailer expired in in early December and I never bothered to get a steel plate yet because my birthday is later this month so why waste the extra $$ for a trailer plate that's not being used? I want to get a pic of mine and my son's sleds IN THE SNOW to put up as my avatar pic.....guess that will have to wait.

·
Registered
690 Posts
its currently 48 out and raining, we better get some snow in the next couple weeks

·
Registered
45 Posts
ok so im in southeast ohio, it never snows here. muddog tell me about this trail in ohio u ride on. How many miles is it? is it worth the drive up (3 hrs) for a day of riding if it ever snows??

medic 24

·
Registered
56 Posts
the green way trail is 24 mile paved and 7 gravel it is pretty much a drag strip for snomobiles narrow and straight but nice scenery don't know if i would drive 3 hours though howevery if you have no snow then it is better then driving allday

·
Registered
50 Posts
I'm not from Ohio...but here in central NY we can sympathize with all you guys, my son tore up the back yard with the 2" we had a couple of weeks ago!(its back on the trailer with my sled) Todays forcast is 50 degrees and rain. Guess we'll have to get the quads out of storage!!

·
Registered
776 Posts
Well here in Hancock County a Flood Watch is in effect, second time in the past month or so. It's been raining cats and dogs here folks, its depressing to sit by and watch dreaming it were all snow!

Check out this video:

http://www.weather.com/multimedia/videoplayer.html?clip=5002&collection=topstory&from=vid_today_picks&tab=1&nav=todaysplaylist_vid

Sheds some like on our debacle, also looks like things might be changing within the next couple weeks so lets cross our fingers!

-Nate

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Boy-o-Boy, I can't wait to go riding on my boat tomorrow.........Oh, wait....I don't have a boat, I have a snowmobile!

About that greenway trail, I have never been there before (I go on private property in Ashtabula), to ride on that trail do you need registation stickers/Ohio stickers? I bought my sleds used and never bought registration stickers because I just ride on private land. If stickers are not needed at/on Greenway trail I would appreciate directions from the Cleveland/Akron area, I would be coming down 90 East. Who owns this trail?
--Thanks for the info.

·
Registered
1,427 Posts
Originally posted by Mustangnut6788
[br]
Check out this video:

http://www.weather.com/multimedia/videoplayer.html?clip=5002&collection=topstory&from=vid_today_picks&tab=1&nav=todaysplaylist_vid
Yes there is hope and when the jet stream comes down we will be see who is laughing now lol

·
Registered
776 Posts
Well it is about 1:30 in the morning and the rain is finally letting up. I think we got about 3.4" of rain and we are at about 11.6ft flood level. I think Polaris09 can vouch for me he is only about 30min east of me.

·
Registered
690 Posts
yea we got tons of rain last night, my basement was flooded so bad, we spent 3 hours cleaning up all the wet stuff after we got all the water pumped down, it rained hard last night and it didn't seem like it ever stopped, just think if that was snow we would be buried

·
Registered
1,427 Posts
Originally posted by polaris09
[br]yea we got tons of rain last night, my basement was flooded so bad, we spent 3 hours cleaning up all the wet stuff after we got all the water pumped down, it rained hard last night and it didn't seem like it ever stopped, just think if that was snow we would be buried
yeah down my hill is flooded i'm guessing a foot and once it tries up a little (water skippin at my house)

·
Registered
340 Posts
Muddog- Yes you would need to register your sled to ride the greenway. It is actually part of the Ashtabula county metro parks. Here is a link to the club that grooms and maintains it.It's actually a pretty nice ride. My buddy and I like to use it to do proving runs on our sleds before we go to PA or MI.

http://www.grandrivertrailriders.com/

1 - 20 of 66 Posts