Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,601 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just liek the topic says. Where do they hide the lighting coil on my 650? For some reason i wanna say inside the recoil. Hopefully a new one of these and a new voltage regulator will solve my intermitting light dimming problem. Thanks guys.

·
Registered
1,630 Posts
Check out my posts on this very subject in the how to section. Ive been thru it recently on my frankenstein project.

Yep its behind the recoil. Trust me, if you have never done it before and dont have the tools....go find someone that does.

Intermittent lighting? Id first look under my seat for a worn wire before tearing the coil out. You can also unplug it there to bypass the whole shebang. Ive also been told to research the the little gizmo (rectifier?) on the right side of your sled just above the foot well under the hood. Follow your handwarmer wires if this is confusing.

Ive got the same issue with my 700. Methinks a loose wire but have been told if it keeps up, it will take out the lighting coil. Its grounding somewhere.

·
Registered
15,722 Posts
[attachment=28976]

Attachments

·
Registered
1,601 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Originally posted by Zrxpilot
[br]Check out my posts on this very subject in the how to section. Ive been thru it recently on my frankenstein project.

Yep its behind the recoil. Trust me, if you have never done it before and dont have the tools....go find someone that does.

Intermittent lighting? Id first look under my seat for a worn wire before tearing the coil out. You can also unplug it there to bypass the whole shebang. Ive also been told to research the the little gizmo (rectifier?) on the right side of your sled just above the foot well under the hood. Follow your handwarmer wires if this is confusing.

Ive got the same issue with my 700. Methinks a loose wire but have been told if it keeps up, it will take out the lighting coil. Its grounding somewhere.

i can not find a broken or loose wire anywhere on the sled. It will go from having all bright lights to VERY dim dash lights and tail light too. it will flicker somtimes. and somtimes it will stay on for a while. I would really love to get this solved.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts