Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking for a few places to ride in the mountains where r the best places to go just around alberta and bc i know a few places but i wanna go out and try more. i have riddin the mountains before buti want to start highmarking. should i start. i am 15 with a 97 xlt rmk with pipes. lots of power but should i do it i got the balls but i dont know if i should risk my life. thx
WHERE CAN I GO :)

·
Registered
11,943 Posts
Well if you don't know if you should risk your life, why would you trust us if we told you what to do? [:)]

·
Registered
1,932 Posts
If you are going to start really riding in the mountains / Highmarking there are a couple of things you should do first.
You should take an Avalanche awareness class. Both classroom and in the field with your sled.
Get an inclinometer, beacon, probe, & shovel. Know how to use them.
If you pay attention to conditions you shouldn't have to risk your life to ride in the mountains or highmark.

·
Registered
874 Posts
That's pretty good advice from 2000TCMC. While there will always be risk involved in our sport, education will significantly reduce it. Do not ride without everyone being properly equipped and trained. Should you take up mountain riding...personally I say "yes". I haven't discovered another type of riding that compares to it. As for highmarking, learn to sidehill well and turn out during a climb. Practice on open hills without trees and rocks. Only one rider/machine on the hill at one time! Have fun.

·
Registered
133 Posts
i would say follow the advice of 2000TCMC. and Flange. And you should be ok.a few of my personal rules in the mountains are never ride alone,if you dont know the area ride with somebody responsible who does,and if you dont have your mountain riggin you cant come.(always remember you can ride farther in 30 minutes then you can walk in a day). Where to ride? Babcock mountain is a great place for new mountain riders to ride. Hazler flats is very dangerous there are alot of crazy riders who like to bring down the mountain and if you are not paying attention you can get in trouble.I have logged approx 10,000 km in the mountains the scaryest part is coming down,personally i prefer running ditches at 100+ mph.hope i was able to help. p.s. i live just across the border on the b.c. side if you are looking for somebody who know's the area.
Northern b.c. that is. [:D]

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
THX FOR HELP I LIVE IN STONY PLAIN NEAR EDMONTON

1 - 8 of 8 Posts