Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I was getting the sled ready to go riding last weekend and put some gas in and when I tightened the cap down the neck that the cap threads onto broke right off the tank...SO, first off where can I get a new tank? The sled is a 2004 550 Classic. Has anyone else ever had this happen? I didn't crank it on excessively tight or anything. It is aluminum taped on and I rode around like that for about 20 miles and is holding just fine but looks like crap. I need to get one ASAP since I am going to the Adirondaks next week on a trip and want to make the sled look presentable......this sled has given me nothing but problems since I bought it...[:(!]

·
Registered
62 Posts
first off i would just try your local stealer but if your not looking to pay alot try ebay, that that could take longer to get.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I was afraid someone was gonna say the dealer.....anyone know how much a tank costs on average? I may just epoxy it and tape it up again........there is too much money being spent on something with only 1200 miles on it.

·
Registered
1,898 Posts
check ebay there is a black 11.8 gallon tank, like yours for 80 sum dollars. you could get an older solderign iron that looks like a screw driver with a cord and melt it back together wont be super strong but will work for a while.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
^^^Thanks man, good call, never thought of that before. I wonder if it would get hot enough to melt it, I may have to try this. I have one of those old soldering irons laying around too.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts