Snowmobile Fanatics banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2,477 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been around town and knowbody seems to have it. Do I have to buy off the web?

where are you guys getting it from?

·
Registered
1,969 Posts
i've heard home depot has something in the heating/duct department but i've never personally looked. i bought reflective heat tape from SLP when i got some other stuff. they have it cheap.

·
Registered
2,903 Posts
dennis kirk.

·
Registered
2,477 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Ya I posted on snowest and they say home depot too.

But I have a friend that replyed and said he has roles of it at work. haha free is better.

·
Registered
622 Posts
We got our reflective heat tape at a local hardware store. They do carry it at Home Depot too, we saw it there.

·
Registered
1,898 Posts
i got some from canadian tire. they have it in the heating/ducting area and the exhaust area. some call it muffler tape, its the same thing as the heating/ducting tape.

·
Registered
985 Posts
there is one other option.
Semi repair tape. its a bit wider usually. you can buy it at a local big truck shop.

your options are
Duct tape
Muffler tape
Repair tape

they are all basically the same thing. stainless steel tape.

·
Registered
2,626 Posts
Heat tape? Like to keep pipes from freezing in the winter? I'm confused, what exactly are you looking for?

·
Registered
4,322 Posts
i think he means the kind to keep the pipe on his sled hot. i actually just bought some found it at autozone called header wrap

·
Registered
2,626 Posts
Ahhh ok. Same thing as header wrap, any auto parts store should carry it.

·
Registered
2,317 Posts
I just bought some at home depot for 18.00 bucks a roll. 3inch widex100 ft

·
Registered
2,019 Posts
Will it keep your pipes hot or keep anything that is around your pipe from getting hot? or both?

·
Registered
2,317 Posts
Originally posted by SKILIE301
[br]Will it keep your pipes hot or keep anything that is around your pipe from getting hot? or both?
keeps the exhaust pipe from melting the plastic belly pan.

·
Registered
2,019 Posts
^^^^O thank you

1 - 14 of 14 Posts