Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Premium Member
15,513 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
if you all have an advanced auto parts store, you can buy ngk's for like $1.55 each!!!! at least i can at mine. just thought i'd let u all know.

1992 arctic cat jag deluxe
1996 ZRT 600

·
Registered
1,565 Posts
better than $4 apiece for champions (equvilent to br9es ngk's) for my dad's sks. i got mine for about $2 apiece at the local auto parts store, but it took awhile to get the ones without the screw-off tip.

There's no stopping Arctic Cat........ REALLY!!

'99 XC SP 500

Edited by - xc racer on 18 Mar 2002 21:09:55

·
Registered
671 Posts
well u can't beat this i got 130 ngk's r5671-9 for 50 bucks, same thing as the br9es. but are racing plugs. 55 cents a plug best deal iv gotten i bet

Ride Polaris!

·
Premium Member
15,513 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i have never heard of those, what is the difference between a racing plug and a normal plug?

1996 ZRT 600

·
Registered
1,565 Posts
drewalt, i've noticed that pretty much all of your posts are advertisements for sledparts .com. i'm probably not in position to say, but the rest of us on the forum aren't too keen on bragging up people or companies- there's been a lot of discussion over this lately. i think the standard rule is if you want free advertising, you may want to look elsewhere than this forum. if you want to assist others unbiasedly and productively, this is the place to be. hope i'm not stepping on anyone's toes, but i thought this needed to be stated.

'99 XC SP 500

Edited by - xc racer on 19 Mar 2002 08:39:04

·
Registered
948 Posts
No offence xc_racer but I disagree. Not to start a fight, but the context of this post is 'where to buy cheap plugs' (or should I say plugs... cheap). I have seem many posts where other riders include their prices (US or CDN). I in fact, have posted a number of replies that include a place in canada. While I do not work for them or promote them, I do offer another choice for riders if they so choose.

I'm not offended by anyone's suggestion as long as it is just that.... a suggestion and I'll make up my own mind as to whether it's inappropriate or not. If a mod or admin edits my post then I'll take it a learn from that.

You didn't step on my toes but I didn't think his post was bias. Just a fact.

Again not trying to upset anyone but let me know if I'm not supposed to include the name of that company in canada anymore.

-----------------------------
I think.... therefore I sled
-----------------------------
Two '94 Indy XLT SKS

·
Registered
671 Posts
the electrode on the r5671's have a v where as the b 9 has got a solid

Ride Polaris!

·
Registered
1,565 Posts
i wasn't even gonna post that in this topic, since a new one about where to buy part came up, but i had it written here first. i'm not trying to dog anyone about where they can and should suggest places to buy parts cheap- that's great for everyone. it's just that every post i've seen of his seems to be entirely concentrated on that one site. sure it may be great, but if that's the only use of his posts it seems to me to be worse than the incident with jon stevens and his clutching connection. if he has something valuable to post i have no problem, but if the only thing he has good to say is about that site, i didn't think it would fly around here. just my .02, not trying to pick any fights either.

plus, it says right in the post 'email them'- seems rather pressing to me.

'99 XC SP 500

Edited by - xc racer on 19 Mar 2002 19:43:26

·
Registered
2,584 Posts
I wouldn't recommend going cheap on plugs. We use NGKs though so. Plugs are one of the many things you don't really want to go cheap on.

·
Registered
3,063 Posts
Why not cheap out on plugs. What's the worst that can happpen, they foul? I've always used NGK but still if you find a plug cheaper that performs the same why not.

"Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups"

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hey xc racer, didn't try to step on any toes around here. The auto parts store doesn't carry br9es's in our area. Sled-Parts.com isn't looking for any free advertising. If posting the website and email address offended anyone, I am sorry. Just trying to use all the neat tools on this forum.

·
Premium Member
15,513 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
this is the last post that i would ever consider that would get people going a little. I beleive if your reply really helps other people.....POST IT. just my .02. later

1996 ZRT 600

·
Registered
8,108 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE id=quote><font size=1 face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id=quote>quote:<hr height=1 noshade id=quote>Originally posted by Sno-X-treme:

Why not cheap out on plugs. What's the worst that can happpen, they foul? I've always used NGK but still if you find a plug cheaper that performs the same why not.

[/quote]

The least they can do is foul. Ever see what happens to an engine when the plug tip lets go, and falls into the engine? Or the electrode falls into the engine? And the ceramic. It doesn't happen that often, but it does happen, i've seen it. And that cheap spark plug just got alot more expensive.

-Dean

·
Registered
3,188 Posts
Mabye this will help the topic. Most auto parts stores don't carry solid tipped NGK's but rather the screw on kind, however if you buy them at a dealer, they should always give you the solid ones that won't vibrate off.

·
Registered
4,322 Posts
ive had a few plugs in my day where the tips unscrewed and got stuck in the plug boot. thats why i use solid tipped ngk's now but i remember my first sled was a 78 AC jag 3000 and the plugs had to be the ones for the ngk's with the tops screwed off of them. man i hated that sled...

bobby

My wife said its me or my sleds... Im sure gonna miss her

·
Registered
2,307 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE id=quote><font size=1 face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id=quote>quote:<hr height=1 noshade id=quote>Originally posted by ripperd2:

<BLOCKQUOTE id=quote><font size=1 face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id=quote>quote:<hr height=1 noshade id=quote>Originally posted by Sno-X-treme:

[/quote]

The least they can do is foul. Ever see what happens to an engine when the plug tip lets go, and falls into the engine? Or the electrode falls into the engine? And the ceramic. It doesn't happen that often, but it does happen, i've seen it. And that cheap spark plug just got alot more expensive.

-Dean

[/quote]

Very good point ripperd2. You definately want to run a good quality plug. I guess it doesn't matter what it costs, as long as the quality is there. The last thing anyone wants is to have the plug come apart inside their cylinder. Then it gets expensive quick!

1997 XLT SP 600
"Engage the Mechanism"

Edited by - Tfin70 on 20 Mar 2002 11:26:39

1 - 17 of 17 Posts