Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ive been looking all over for a water temp gauge for my 1995 indy 500. i would perfer not to use ebay as a source of purchase. does anyone have any sites that might carry them, or would it be best if i go to my Polaris dealership

·
Registered
134 Posts
if you want to you can get one for cheap in stores like Napa or autozone

·
Registered
1,455 Posts
Try hi-performance engineering. They carry a decent assortment of instrumentation.

http://www.hiperf.com/

·
Registered
15,722 Posts
I have a autometer set I will sell you cheap... White guages. I used it on my truck to see if temp guage was working.....

·
Registered
2,067 Posts
Not that I completely want to hijack this - I wanted to get a water temp guage for my TXL since all it has is an idiot light. I was planning on getting one from an auto parts store. I've heard that sleds should be run at 150-160 range, is that correct? Not the usual 175-190 for a car?

Bryan

·
Registered
137 Posts
Mind you, if you use and automotive one, you will need a AC to DC converter, the electrical systems on these sleds is AC and the gage will NOT work without the converter.

·
Registered
137 Posts
how do you do it with diodes? can you PM me a schematic? I always buy the rectifiers, and you're right, it is cheap and easy.

·
Registered
2,067 Posts
Here, the resistor and capacitor isn't necessary - it just cleans up the voltage a bit -
[attachment=50802]
But like I said a bridge rectifier is the same thing - already packaged. You can pick them up for a few bucks.

Bryan

Attachments

·
Registered
15,722 Posts
Originally posted by bwinkler
[br]Mind you, if you use and automotive one, you will need a AC to DC converter, the electrical systems on these sleds is AC and the gage will NOT work without the converter.
Won't matter if the guage is mechinical....

·
Registered
6,021 Posts
I bought mine through SLP. I think it was a hundred bucks all said and done.
On the Fuji built motors, the old "idiot light" comes on at 207 degrees.

·
Registered
137 Posts
but it will have a light right?

·
Registered
15,722 Posts
If you wire it....

·
Registered
1,427 Posts
i bought a water gauge from napa for $44 and installed it right on my xlt and it doesn't move untill the engine is about to 1000 degress and when it does move it goes to like 103 degrees waht is the problem?

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
www.westach.com

This is where Dennis Kirk, SLP, High Performance Engineering, Aaen and others get their gauges.

·
Registered
1,601 Posts
I have a auto meter gauge on my sled. Works great. ill get some pics after dinner.

·
Registered
1,427 Posts
Originally posted by SSnthe10s
[br]I have a auto meter gauge on my sled. Works great. ill get some pics after dinner.
how did u hook it up and what wire did u use for it? i need to know cause mine isn't working

1 - 20 of 22 Posts