Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
on my sled, one side has the grip tape worn off. I kinda like having it there so i'm trying to find where you can buy it.. anyone know?

·
Registered
191 Posts
We used to buy a paint that had sand or some type of grit in it that we used for the wing-walk area on small low wing airplanes. The paint was black in color and applied with a roller or brush. The sand would work it's way to the top of the paint as the paint would settle. Worked well on airplanes.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Yah the stuff the guy above me is talking about will work great, i have some on my sled aswell, its a big bonus to get the metal side moldings that you can weld or screw on. helps so much!

·
Premium Member
15,513 Posts
Originally posted by mnstang
[br]on my sled, one side has the grip tape worn off. I kinda like having it there so i'm trying to find where you can buy it.. anyone know?
I bought that stuff at the dealer. It came precut. Its like sticky sandpaper. I bought one for each running board. I think they were 3 bucks each or something cheap.

If you want to step up.. get what I got on my 97 zrt. (I can't find a good picture, but you can see them on my running boards in this pic)
[attachment=49575]

Attachments

·
Registered
211 Posts
Originally posted by mnstang
[br]on my sled, one side has the grip tape worn off. I kinda like having it there so i'm trying to find where you can buy it.. anyone know?

Check a skateboard shop.

·
Registered
15,722 Posts
Marina's have them for boat trailer fenders also.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
thanks for the advice. i think i'll just get replacements from the dealer.
i was thinking a skateboard shop might have some too, and then i'd just cut it with a scissors.

·
Registered
3,040 Posts
I got a roll of it from a safety place and just cut it out, I had the stuff from the dealer and it didn't seem to stick as well.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts