Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey im totally new to the UP and would like to know where we would want to go if we were coming from the Twin cities, MN. We have NO snow and the next 3 days are supposed to be 40s. I heard alot of guys talkin about goin up to the UP over the weekend and would like to get the inside scoop on some early hotspots. I am into drifts bumps and jumps. (like anyone isnt!!) Also any decent cheap hotels please list also. THX

·
Registered
330 Posts
My friends were up in Ironwood last weekend they had tons of snow.. were going back up there this weekend (I'm also from the Twin Cities) The easiest way to get there is 35 north to Duluth, then east on US 2 to Ironwood.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks for the quick response! I already sent an email to davies... So how much snow is up there and is there any snow in the way this week? Any sweet spots to check out in ironwood?

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
Check out johndee.com they have a sponsor section. I know Keewenaw peninsula is farther than Ironwood but there are lots of trails and they usually have snow. Also, the area between L'Anse and Big Bay is all trails no roads.

·
Registered
3,188 Posts
I'm in the Twin Cities too, and i really enjoyed riding around the Ironwood area several years ago. I have another trip planned for January to the same area......we rented a ski-lodge to stay in for 3 days. I can't wait!

·
Registered
104 Posts
Hey upnorthwi What did you think of all the snow we had here in Newberry ? I was just wondering to see what you thought of my reports for snow condtions is all, Will give you trail report when we get more snow and colder temps, Hope you had fun in our area.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts