Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
547 Posts
Excell Makes one, but its pricey $550 and they have no dyno sheets yet, but claim 3-4 HP...

·
Registered
390 Posts
Are you looking for aftermarket exhaust systems for the Phazer? If so, I posted this in another thread.

Originally posted by 07Phazer
[br] I know Skip and some others had been looking for new exhaust systems for the Phazer. I found one. M&M Powersports in Hancock, MI is making custom exhausts for the Phazer. It looked like a well built system. I believe it was made of polished stainless, and any bends or welds were very clean. It sounded pretty mean, and they said it dropped 15 pounds. They also said they hadn't had a chance to dyno it yet, but that it did make more power. The price they told me was $450.

I am very tempted to buy this, but with all the noise regulations lately, I'm not so sure. If I were going to be staying in the UP here for a while, I'd probably buy it. However, since I'll be moving to a different state in May (not sure which one yet), I'm a little leery about dropping $450 on something that I may have to remove before I can even use it.

If you're interested, let me know and I can get you some contact info for them.

·
Registered
547 Posts
Originally posted by 07Phazer
...They also said they hadn't had a chance to dyno it yet, but that it did make more power...
How did they determine the gains?

·
Registered
390 Posts
^^^ I have no idea. Probably seat of the pants. They had it installed on a Mountain Lite, and did have it out. So I'm guessing it felt like it had more power?

I asked a guy in the shop about any power gains, since I didn't want to drop that kind of cash on something that actually hampered the engine. He said it definitely made more power, but had no numbers to back it up at the time. So I guess it's just his word against anyone else's as to how much, if any, did it gain until they dyno it.

It's still a lot of money to gain a small amount of power. It did sound nice though.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
yeah...no...not 500 buck in gains..it was shiny though...how bout some glass packs or cherry bombs from napa? hmmmm..

·
Registered
3,236 Posts
You can make your own for about $100, go get a cherry bomb muffler or glass pack, a purty tip and weld her up! Just keep the diameter sizing the same so you do not effect the back pressures too much.

·
Registered
1,417 Posts
ya listen top waht teh paex sounds liek its mean my dad might get oen for his apex
and our phazer but also we wnat to turbo our sleds in the future and then the exhaust system woud be a waste

·
Registered
6 Posts
Originally posted by Herekittykitty
[br]
Originally posted by jah_ss
[br]
one more time,,try this webbsite,a little pricy but their products really work...

http://www.hauckpowersportsinc.com/pages/customcatalogs/viewproducts/46/393/767/1/0/1/hauck-products-phazer-performance-parts-phazer-performance-options.aspx

·
Registered
161 Posts
that loooks like a mean exhaust

1 - 13 of 13 Posts