Snowmobile Fanatics banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, I bought this dirt bike off my dads buddys and i know nothing about it expect that it is a Kx, i think its an 85 and i know the hear fender is not the right one cuz all i did was drill some holes in it and bolt it on, thanks for any Info.Not in running condiontion right now jsut a few things it need is pistons rings carb needs to be rebuilt and its needs to get all shocks rebuildt, needs a clutch leave and a clutch cable, its needsfront and back brakes, (new back rim due to worn out bushing) hmmm what else, need engine oli dip stick, ahh probly good fer a new sprak plugs and i think there is more, its in rough shape.

[attachment=50102]

Attachments

·
Registered
3,888 Posts
Run the VIN number on kawasaki's website. I'll see if I can find the link for ya.

Check out www.bikebandit.com for the parts you need. I've gone through them, seem to be alright on the prices. Dennis Kirk carries aftermarket plastic, gas tanks are quite spendy though.

*edit* - Here ya go.

http://www.kawasaki.com/DefaultFrame.aspx?strContentURL=/SITE/VIVEHICLEINFORMATION/VICHOOSEVEHICLE.ASP

·
Registered
3,888 Posts
Yep, use the one on the frame.

·
Registered
3,888 Posts
Is the number on the frame that you found located on the steering column?

Write it out on here once, maybe I will be able to tell if it looks right

·
Registered
3,888 Posts
Your missing a digit. Should be 17, you have 16.

·
Registered
3,888 Posts
Still not working. I ran mine to make sure their site was working, and it worked. I'll keep digging for ya.

What was the number on the motor. That'll give you the size at least.

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
ahh yea did work for me either, im pretty damn sure i have the number right but anyway the motor Vin is KX080EE030230, maybe my bike is to old? or do they have every bike that they have made on there?

·
Registered
3,888 Posts
They have every bike on there. It's an 80 cc motor.

*edit* - I take that back, I just read they didn't run standard 17 digit VIN until 80-81.

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
80cc yea thats what i was thinking. thanks did u happen to find the year along with the engine size? The Kx 80's they are Moto-cross bikes are they not? what kinda performance could i excpet from this bike if it was all rebuild or when it was brand new?

·
Registered
3,888 Posts
No problem. I'll keep digging. So far I have eliminated the '80 model since the pipe is on the other side for them. That should eliminate 80-83 models.

·
Registered
3,888 Posts
The 10th digit is the year code. Your 10th digit is "A," according to my findings so far that means it's a 1980...which makes no since because the 1980 KX80's had the pipe running on the left side of the engine.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts