Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had a BAD experience when I was about 19 with a shifty dealership over an EXT 550 and I have never rode cat since. But I am getting older (and heavier) and my back kills me on the long trips. I like the cat ride so I am thinking of trying them again. I am 6' and 245 lbs, what would suit me well? I am leaning toward a T cat, what do you recommend? Thanks.

·
Registered
844 Posts
By mentioning your back, I assume you won't be catching
any "big air" and any of the 02 or newer 800/900 Zr's should
suit you fine. Of course, definately don't turn down a deal on
a T-Cat either!!!

·
Registered
396 Posts
I thought about getting a t-cat a few years ago. everybody and there dog, including the dealership told me i would hate life with a T-cat. Im not sure why maybe bc its 3 carbs to worrie about keeping in sync, or how heavy it is. altho im not for sure how heavy they are maybe they arnt that bad i dont know. Just tellin you what everybody told me when i was thinkin about gettin one. I think a nice zr 8 or 9 hundered would be a good sled. or maybe a cross country so you can adjust the rear skid on the go to keep your back feeling good. Just an idea.

·
Registered
2,903 Posts
i know this isnt what you meant but have you thought about going to a fitness cneter and tryign to buld muscle in yoru back? i knwo my dads 56 or 57 and i showed him a few work outs to make his back stronger and he hasnt had problems yet.just my 2 cents but the t-cat may be fun

·
Registered
3,013 Posts
Well, whatever you get, i would recommend with your bad back get an M-10 suspension put in it.

·
Registered
275 Posts
I have a 02 600 CCE love the ride it has i don't know what kind of power you are looking for but i'm happy with my 600 you might wanna look into a long track i hear they ride smother then the short tracks like a 136 or 144 would definitely go with and EFI no mater what i had a carb i liked the snappy response it had but hated messing with them all they time after going EFI i'll never go back to carbs also might wanna look for something with reverse on it i know thats what they guy that lives down the road from me got reverse put on his sled cus of back problems helps when unloading

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I am interested in the ZR line so I will have a look, thanks for all the info. I am sure I will get a sled with great suspension long before I head to the gym and "work out". My french wife looks after all the working out I care to do. Cheers everyone and all the best in 07.

·
Registered
614 Posts
What you sshould look for is a 800 zl ss . They have an electonic shock that adjustes as you ride. I've heard the ride is great, nice and smooth all the time and they look like a zr. I think they came in black,grey and my fave would be the burnt orange colour.

·
Registered
6,424 Posts
97+ t-cat. Make sure you have the long travel suspension if you get one.

A ZR 800 or 900, 01' + would be great also

1 - 13 of 13 Posts