Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
699 Posts
like how old of a kid when i was 14 i owned a 1979 olyimpique 340 then i mooved up in the world and got a 1989 exciter 570

·
Super Moderator
11,272 Posts
It depends on the age,weight and experence the kid has..

·
Registered
366 Posts
i had colts when i first started riding. 295's but i was 6 when i started riding. i think age wieght and experience will definetly play in to it though.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Um ... Pedals!!! Your sled should have pedals .... that'll be nice and safe.

Seriously though .. my son is 12 and I just gave him my wifes Indy Trail Deluxe 340 (very clean). It'll go 60+ and is nice and light weight so he can muscle it around like I do to a big sled. I think he has the perfect first sled.

My first sled was an old peice of crap that I fixed as much as I rode it BUT I STILL HAD TONS OF FUN!!!

I guess what I'm saying is, get something light and reliable and don't worry about the engine size. 340 is fine to start.

·
Registered
699 Posts
probay a t cat would be a good first sled only 1000 cc and around 170-180 horse stock.
lol
340's are nice reliable kinda fast sleds

·
Registered
4,322 Posts
my first sled was a 78 jag 340 free air that my dad bought the same week i was born and rode it very little till i was 8 and gave it to me great first sled

·
Registered
802 Posts
I think a 340 is a good size.

·
Registered
762 Posts
I'm only 16, i have a sno pro, but i've been riden since i was 3 or 4 and started riden my own at about 8 years old, so i have a good amount of experience. My first was 1982 340cc arctic cat jag, and it tought me well.

·
Registered
227 Posts
My first sled was a 1976 Merc 440 Max, I was 8 or 9, 3rd grade. Now looking back at that, I now realize it was more power than I needed at that age. 340 is more than adequate.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts