24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Which is faster??
99 XC SP 500
or
Formula Z 500 99
We'll say in the 1/4 mile.
Thnx for u'r time :)
P.S. we have a foot now in central maine...They even passed the drag on some trails

·
Registered
268 Posts
The XC SP will kick the crap out of the formula Z. They maxed the power out of that puppy. Unless that Z has a shit load of aftermarket parts, heh, your gone!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ride Snowmobiles, baseball, bowling, and golf require only ONE ball!!
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
ahhhhhhhhhhh.........a beautiful sye of relief and profit. I think i am gonna put some money down on this race. thnx for all the answers i wanted to hear. :)

·
Registered
4,617 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE id=quote><font size=1 face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id=quote>quote:<hr height=1 noshade id=quote>Originally posted by FrozenSmile:

I biased. The Polaris by a full sled length, maybe a tad more.

Live to Ride! - FrozenSmile[/quote]

I am with this one too. The xc is a high performance sled and the formula is a trail cruising sled. Very different engines. If it were an MX Z that was racing the xc it would be a different story.

Just my 2 cents

Tree's don't make the greatest brakes... On second thought neither do hydropoles"

·
Registered
246 Posts
I would have to say the Polaris also. I have a 2000 XC SP 500 and my dad has a 2001 600 Edge X, and on top end the Edge is only about 5 mph faster, but it does get there a bit quicker.

Snowmachining is not a thing to do - its a way of life

·
Registered
529 Posts
I also have a 00 500 XC SP, if the 99 is anywere near as fast as mine I would say the Polaris also. But the 99 didn't have the VES so the Ski-Doo might be fast. I'm undecided. If the race hapens let us know who wins.

·
Registered
1,565 Posts
well, i got a 99 xc sp 500, and one of my good buddies has a 98 mxz 500, which i think has the same engine as the formula z. in equal conditions, mine will take his every time.

·
Registered
266 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE id=quote><font size=1 face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id=quote>quote:<hr height=1 noshade id=quote>Originally posted by bigwilly:

<BLOCKQUOTE id=quote><font size=1 face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id=quote>quote:<hr height=1 noshade id=quote>Originally posted by FrozenSmile:

I biased. The Polaris by a full sled length, maybe a tad more.

Live to Ride! - FrozenSmile[/quote]

I am with this one too. The xc is a high performance sled and the formula is a trail cruising sled. Very different engines. If it were an MX Z that was racing the xc it would be a different story.

Just my 2 cents

Tree's don't make the greatest brakes... On second thought neither do hydropoles"[/quote]
Hey, is a hydro pole what we in the U.S.A. call a power pole? If it is , you are correct ; They don't make good brakes!!!

Spaceman
Mean Green Racing
Elyria, Ohio

·
Registered
4,617 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE id=quote><font size=1 face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id=quote>quote:<hr height=1 noshade id=quote>Hey, is a hydro pole what we in the U.S.A. call a power pole? If it is , you are correct ; They don't make good brakes!!!

Spaceman
Mean Green Racing
Elyria, Ohio[/quote]

Yeah a hydro pole is the same thing. Unfortunately i know that from experience.....

Tree's don't make the greatest brakes...

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Well, the race occured. Because of his advantage of 96 studs he took me from a dead stop. I have no studs. But from a roling (15 mph) start he got me out of the hole but i spanked him top end.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts