Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What Year make and model is or was the fastest top speed production sled?
Im talken out of the box top speed!
Did a company make a 426hemi of sleds?
I would like a torque monster!
I need a vehicle for the 2002 drag race season and the asphault sleds are very cool!
I won the Rock falls Raceway street eliminator championship in 2000 in my old 94caprice!

91 polaris indy 650 RXL EFI

·
Registered
2,584 Posts
Mach Zs are top end beasts to my knowledge. Just about any Mach Z that is. Skippys do seem to have bottom(or didn't) but when they hit there hole(around middle of a 1/8 strip) they take off.

·
Registered
3,188 Posts
Top speed. I've seen some really fast Yamaha SRX 700's stock. I watched the radar run on a lightly modified SRX doing 144 mph!

·
Registered
278 Posts
No replacement for displacement! A properly settup Thundercat is gonna smoke any production sled period in top end!!

RtkatZL8

·
Registered
289 Posts
if u like polaris then the fastest is polaris, then if u like cats, u gonna say cats... its really not worth askin that... ask brand specific questions. we dont know anything.. might go faster one spot than another, wind, traction, slight hill.. we need to drag stock sleds on the salt flats of wherever they are!

Duct tape much like the force... it has a light side, a dark side.... and it holds the world together!

·
Registered
11,943 Posts
Like burnin said, there is no real answer. ALl sleds are different. All spedometers are different. Someone here can say that thier sled can go 120 and it would most likely be a lie. It depends on many factors to which snowmobile is the fastest. For any type of drag racing I would choose a twin of the highest size. They are your best bet for drag racing because they have such low end torque. Top speed in drags doesn't really matter. It is how fast youget going fast, therefore a twin is a the way to go.

Vote for Snowmobile Fanatics.com

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks erick
I was thinking that but!
I big CC cat with pipes & a 50-75 shot of N2O would pull like a sabertooth CAT!
Or it may be easier to plumb & tune the juice into a twin easier!
which make and model is a lite weight sled that still has some descent HP and torque?

91 polaris indy 650 RXL EFI

·
Registered
268 Posts
Displacement will rock anything. T-Cat. The SRX will run the 1/4 mile better than anything but the cat will smoke all at top end. If you want the hottest mod sled, call Genesis or PSI and build your own 'Project F" sled. a 1500cc monster and drop it in the Storm or Gen II chassis.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ride Snowmobiles, baseball, bowling, and golf require only ONE ball!!
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

·
Registered
2,222 Posts
I will put in my vote for the T-cat as well.....stock for stock and all tuned right, nothing can touch it for top-end.

2002 Arctic Cat ZR 800 EFI

founding member of the Arctic Cat Mind Control Team......you will believe!!​

·
Registered
11,943 Posts
He wants to drag race it. I don't think the T-Cat would be his greatest option. Sure, it has power, but it also has weight. It doesn't have as good low end torque and power as the twins either.

Vote for Snowmobile Fanatics.com

·
Registered
21 Posts
First choice: T-Cat (well prep!!!)
Second: XCR800 well prep!
Third: SRX700 you'll be surprised!
not to forget the Mack-Z!!!
a/n for 1400 feet.
For less than 1000 feet, any big twin 800 could do it (ZR, XC, MXZ).

Al. (02ZR800EFI)

As long as you ride!!!

·
Registered
2,584 Posts
I don't like TCats. Sure they are easier to make go fast but they are heavy. A Nice SRX or Mach Z would be my choice I think. Though the only Mach Z I know(well one I have knowledge of all about it) doesn't hook up. I mean it just spins or doesn't do much.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts