Snowmobile Fanatics banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 92 Posts

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
im ordering tomorrow so i need to know. loud and agressive idle is best. thanks.

·
Registered
3,194 Posts
get the rumble pak can and soak it in your bath tub for 24 hours and then bake it in your oven.

BRRRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
why? lol

·
Registered
3,194 Posts
so the packing gets hard and breaks apart and falls out. crazy kids on the lake all did that a couple years back. they all wanted the most obnoxious 600 or 500 arctic cat around. it was a damn competition.

it worked

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
but what is louder without doing that nonsense? lol. i want an aggressive idle. iknow you can get that with jaws but they dont make a can for my sled.

·
Registered
3,194 Posts
its been a while since ive heard either. i think the rumble pak might be more throaty down low, say at idle. versus the MBRP which may have more of a stinging sound.

there's guys on here that run em. dont go by my word yet. i dont care for super loud sleds that much lol

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
well i was listening to them on youtube (i know cameras dont do that kind of sound good but i still can get the idea) and the mbrp has a unique tone. i like that one but i just dont know what one i better at idle. and i live in the country and rarely am around any houses. i guess tone is best too for me. and as you can see...no one is posting on here to tell me anything haha

·
Registered
3,194 Posts
not a real active time on the site. normally most busy on here after all the guys get off work

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
ya. idk what to do. i can get a rumble pack new for 170 cause im a liscensed dealer and a mbrp for 240, have not looked at what i can get the mbrp for with my discount. i think i should just getthe mbrp and be happy lol. what would u get?

·
Super Moderator
11,677 Posts
Either one will be loud and obnoxious...

·
Registered
2,450 Posts
MBRP is more "barky" and low toned, where A Rumble pack is more "squeel" or "scream" at WOT, and sound cheap. Get a MBRP Race can

·
Registered
1,696 Posts
lol what a bad topic to bring up.

where are all the old guys to say "damn loud kids" shaking thier canes? lol they will be here shortly trust me.

anyways i like the rumble pack sound more i am sick of MBRP you hear those EVERYWHERE. sno stuff is a little less common

·
Registered
2,450 Posts
The_Mad_Warrior said:
lol what a bad topic to bring up.

where are all the old guys to say "damn loud kids" shaking thier canes? lol they will be here shortly trust me.

anyways i like the rumble pack sound more i am sick of MBRP you hear those EVERYWHERE. sno stuff is a little less common
Because MBRP is the better can. Just because Everyone has an Ipod, do people buy something else to be different? no, stick to what is the best quality, and in exhaust's case, best sound...

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
case closed. im ordering a mbrp race can tomorrow. i gutted my stock one and it sounds stock. waste of time. the only difference is when i drive really close to a car or my house with the exhaust on that side, you can hear a crackle echo. lol. nothing more.

·
Registered
2,951 Posts
I don't like the sound of mbrp. They sound like a giant chain saw to me. And the idle is way too loud for my liking! I like to have at least one place in the rpms to keep the noise fairly low. But I also have neighbors too. I love snostuff. Low throaty around idle and screams when you want it to.

·
Registered
1,264 Posts
If you wanted a louder can you should of gotten the Rumble-Pack. I've owned both the MBRP and Sno-Stuff can. The MBRP has a more fine tuned sound and the Sno-stuff can has more of a Gurgly "BRAP" sound. They are both "Obnoxious" can's so either one will work if you want to add a few 'decibles' to your sled.

·
Registered
97 Posts
I got a rumblepak from sno-stuff recently, takes a bit to break in the sound your looking for, but when it's there you'll notice it & I get compliments on my high idle with it on, & it will do everything your looking for so just get that since it's a great price!

·
Registered
3,130 Posts
I also would have gone with an snostuff, sounds much better. If jaws made a can it would be my first choice. I don't get people who want a loud can. I'd preferably have one that's around stock sound levels, but sounds better.

·
Registered
1,236 Posts
Personally, I wouldn't do a can. I would rather go with a full exhaust, from SLP or something. I like the twin ones to they sound a lot better. If I would do a can I would probably go with the Rumble Pack, especially if you sell them, if a customer asked you how you liked them and what it sounds like and you say, "I don't use them I have a MBRP can." Not a very good sales pitch. If you would say, "I like, I cna show you what it sounds like in my sled." That much more apealing to a customer. Plus, I like the sound a the Rumble Pack more, friend mine has one on his sled.

1 - 20 of 92 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.