Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
758 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For all the 440 race sleds though all the years which one had a stronger chassis?

SKI DOO, POLARIS, ARCTIC CAT.

·
Registered
2,708 Posts
Polaris's current IQR is.

For older stuff I think the Rev chassis was a little more ridged then the Pro-x and Firecat, but had weak points as well so hard to say there.

And older then that is getting very difficult to tell, I myself don't know, but another member might.

·
Registered
2,922 Posts
I'm a Ski-Doo guy and would rather a Rev 440 over an IQ 440, but.... I will admit that the IQr is by far the strongest chassis out there. Then goes the SnoPro 440. Then the Rev 440. Then the firecat 440 ( 02-03 ). Then the ProX 440.

Have to remember one thing though. They're all race sled and will all take a hard beating.

·
Registered
2,922 Posts
Hm. I've heard different. Yes, they are tough, but in comparison to other sleds, such as the Rev, SnoPro, and IQ, the ProX is outdated.

·
Registered
567 Posts
id say i have to agree with sledcrusher

·
Registered
5,011 Posts
snowmobileguy said:
I heard the 03 pro x's are pretty tough.
True, but they aren't a rider forward sled...Ski-doo had the market corned in 03' if you ask me. I had an 03 pro-x 800 which was a fun sled at the time but looking back I should have spent the money on a rev. Oh well, poo caught up soon enough.

·
Registered
2,898 Posts
Everyone is going to go with what brand they like... I want to hear some real arguments and points from a non-biased source. Look at the numbers last year.. Cat was on top in almost every type of racing.. Just a thought!!

·
Registered
2,450 Posts
1. Polaris IQr is the toughest up to date sled. In the pre-Iqr days, the Rev was the strongest, not far infront of the SnoPro. The 2004 Polaris Pro-XR 440 was a tough sled also.

·
Registered
1,931 Posts
arcticcatinc said:
Everyone is going to go with what brand they like... I want to hear some real arguments and points from a non-biased source. Look at the numbers last year.. Cat was on top in almost every type of racing.. Just a thought!!
They weren't necessarily on top because the chassis. racing is 10% snowmobile, 90% rider.

·
Registered
3,130 Posts
Honestly even if you do happen to race snocross, or even just ride rough. Just pick a racer, they will all take about the same abuse. They will all break parts if you take a bad jump or hit a tree. It's all about what you like, you honestly probably wouldn't notice the difference in strength.

·
Registered
2,450 Posts
^^X2. it all comes down to what ones you like best. Personally, i like the look of the Pro-X's best, then Rev, then Iqr, then rev XP, then old snopro, then new snopro desd last.

·
Registered
2,546 Posts
Remember the Rev chassis is now outdated and has been replaced by the XP...As far as race sleds go, to each their own. RMK-KING has a IQR, Quinlan a SP, and I have a Rev race chassis, I'm pretty sure they've all taken some abuse at some point.

·
Registered
83 Posts
They all have their weaknesses, but I have always liked Polaris race sleds I own a 98 xcr 440(older race sled) and a 03 prox 600(not really a race sled but strong enough for me). I have about 8000 miles on the 98 and the the only problem that i have had with the chassis is that the front chassis engine mounts aren't that strong and tend to twist but they can be reinforced. I have rode both the 03 and 04 proxr 440 and found that the one of its weak point is the bulkhead/tunnel bending you can tell when this happens because the hood wont fit right to the nose pan.I also rode my cousins 2010 xp-rs with the 800 engine the chassis seems strong but he has had a few problems with it, mind you he beats his sleds, but still he blew his front shocks, tore his track in half, and the crank twisted on him (good thing its under warranty). My cousin also has a 03 mxz 600 with over 10000 miles on it and that thing has gone to hell and back and it still runs and rides great. This is just my 2 cents hope it helps.

·
Registered
3,226 Posts
If I had the cash for a race sled I would go with the polaris pro-x any year, an iq would be the best. I would not mind a newer sno-pro. I kind of like the way it looks and its stance looks cool to me

1 - 18 of 18 Posts