Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
1,696 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well its official I'm gonna get a new sled. Well new to me [:D]. I have found 2 very nice sleds. Both are made by Ski-doo. Here are the stats to them

1997 MXZ 670- Twin Studded with 96 studs, aftermarket can, new track, hand guards, with 8000 km on it. Its located about 2 hours away.

1996 MachZ 780-144 studs and 5500 km on it. This is 1.5 hours away

They are both $2000 pretty firm. What are your guys opions on this? I need a lot of help. I know that the Mach is a triple so its a little heavier and will be hard to get unstuck. They would probably be the same on the trails. The MXZ has taller suspension so it wouldn't be has a bumpy ride and I would be able to take some jumps with the MXZ. I need a lot of opions on this I got until Sunday before I go and check them out!
HELP PLEASE!!

·
Registered
228 Posts
ounce u go doo forget the poo!!!!!!!!
Thats what i did my xlt, can't seem to give it away!
by the 1997 mxz 670, more preformanc parts, new track, one year newer.
twins are more reliable, u will be able to rack up more miles.
if u trail ride on weekends u will want the mxz with a better ride.

·
Registered
1,696 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ok the guy said it has purple accesories on the mxz? is he nuts and not know his colours or does he not know what his sled is? this whole purple thing is making me worried :S

·
Registered
6,424 Posts
I think the 97'

·
Super Moderator
11,650 Posts
I'd personally go with the 670. Twins 'usually' are more reliable (not always the case, more of an assumption really). The newer suspension is a definite plus. New track and studs is awesome. The only downfall is the miles...kinda high, but not too ungodly bad.

I should add, I have a '96 F3 triple. I've gotten it stuck a couple times...it's not fun, I'll tell you now!

·
Registered
4,604 Posts
670, its a strong runner, they had some purple in the decal packages and i might add with some purple accessories they looked quite minty!

·
Registered
901 Posts
i would go with the mxz. newer and should have better suspension

·
Registered
2,419 Posts
The 670 is near bullet proof. It is a great engine and has pretty decent power. Not to mention decent suspension. 10000 k sounds about right if not a little earlier if you ride it rough. I would definitly go through the clutches, carbs, and jack shaft long before then though.

·
Registered
821 Posts
they both have too many miles for me. I'd look for something with fewer miles.

·
Registered
1,696 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
oh great a reply that makes me rethink it :S some comments are better left un spokin lmao jk. i know 8000 km is a lot but with a 97 it would be worth getting redone. like what should i do exactly at the 10000k mark? rebuild the engine or just take it in for a very nice clean up and stuff?

·
Registered
6,904 Posts
go with the 97 that chassie is a little tippy my girl friend has the same chassie but with a mxz 440 fan engine in it and that sled can get tippy.

·
Registered
821 Posts
What are your guys opions on this?
spending $2000 on a sled that is over 10 years old and over 5000 miles is just a bad idea in my opinion. I just purchased a 2002 with 800 miles for only $800 more than what these are listed as. If you shop around, there are a LOT better deals than this. Thats what I think. If you didn't want to hear this, then don't make this post! By the time you re-do the engine, you've just invested at least another $1000 into it. You still have an old and fatigued crank shaft, and other crucial parts. Might as well go with something newer, it's a better investment.

·
Registered
1,696 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
well see they are already out of my price range so i can just barely get them. i cant afford any machinics on them at all until the summer. but this year wouldnt get much more snow anyways just a little driving and i cant do much to it.

·
Registered
1,696 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
fuurf i hear wat ya saying but in canada u dont get much cheaper then 2000 dollars for that new. this year sl;eds are cheaper and these are some of the better ones i found. rebuilding the enine. which i doubt i would do, would make it like a brand new sled anyways.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts