Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I just bought this sled on the weekend, and it has 3 different kinds of plugs (in the machine, and as spares)!. I'm going to buy new plugs tonight, but need to know which one's to buy.

It's a 600 Triple

Are they the BR9ES, B9ES, BR8ES, or B8ES's?

Or something totally different?

Thanks.

·
Registered
15,722 Posts
I ran bpr9es in mine with no issues. They are projected tipped. I had them left over from my watercraft. It ran great with no fouling.

·
Registered
2,626 Posts
BR8ES is what is recommended at a .028 inch gap. BR9ES will work fine though.

·
Registered
6,044 Posts
Go with what is recomended. BR8ES I believe.

The # in that is the heat range.
If it calls for BR8ES and you replace it with a BR9ES, it will be a cooler burning plug and so you will be running rich.
If you go to a BR7ES then it will be a hotter burning plug and you will be running lean.

Don't run the BPR anything unless your application calls for it,
as it protrudes down further into the cylinder, and thus, closer to the piston where it shouldn't be.

Start out your season with fresh plugs and always carry a new set as spares.
Gap them before you ride too.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Originally posted by elan man
[br]Hi,

I just bought this sled on the weekend, and it has 3 different kinds of plugs (in the machine, and as spares)!. I'm going to buy new plugs tonight, but need to know which one's to buy.

It's a 600 Triple

Are they the BR9ES, B9ES, BR8ES, or B8ES's?

Or something totally different?

Thanks.
I run the BR9ES plugs in my '96 XCR600 and have had no problems. The only time I have had problems with this thing fouling plugs is tbe needle and seet issues these sleds seemed to have. Other than that, I've never had my plugs foul.

·
Registered
316 Posts
Well now I'm starting to worry, am I running the right plugs in my ZR700? I run the BR9ES. And does anyone run those platnium by bosch, or are they junk? Just wondering.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Originally posted by Fuzzman
[br]Well now I'm starting to worry, am I running the right plugs in my ZR700? I run the BR9ES. And does anyone run those platnium by bosch, or are they junk? Just wondering.
I have run the BR9ES plugs in my ZR700 for years.....I have had zero issues. [:)]

·
Registered
16 Posts
On your ZR700 run.

BR9ES on 1994-95
BR9EYA on 1999
BR10ES on 2000

Hotter and colder ratings on plugs have no affect on the engine itself as far as making them run colder, hotter, lean or rich. Absolutly None!

The range off plugs is there to insure the spark plug itself (and only the sparkplug) will run hot enough to keep it from fouling out yet cool enough to keep from burnig it up.

This suject has been beat to death in many forums. If you don't believe it go to NGK or Champions websites and get a little education.

Run the heat range they call for and if your still having trouble it's probably related to the fuel delivery system on your particular machine.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts