Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking to buy a new quad. I've got 3 in mind: Suzuki Vinson 500 Auto, Polaris Sportsman 400, Yamaha Kodiak 450. If anyone has one of these quads, please state your pluses and minuses about the machine as this will hopefully make my mind up for me.

FWIW, I'm leaning towards the Vinson right now.

Thanks,

Chris

·
Registered
1,027 Posts
id look into a sportsman 500,they will pull those other quads around like nothing,and have a much nicer ride..

·
Registered
1,188 Posts
i wouldn't rule out the outlander, great reviews and has spanked everything in every shootout i've read which is suprising because usually magazines will be politically correct and never really choose an outright winner,-good luck[:)]

·
Registered
1,027 Posts
atv magazines lie and lie bad..which ever company pays the most,gets the best reviews by them..ive seen so many false statements in the mags its not even funny..

·
Registered
187 Posts
I've had a bunch of the Sportsman 500's,.. just picked up an 04 500 H.O. I'd drive the 500 H.O. back to back with the 400 before you purchase,.. there is a LOT of difference. Also depending on terrain you ride the sportsman has a few advantages. Independent rear suspension,... very smooth and a lot better for not being so tippy, TRUE 4 wheel drive, not 3 wheel like most. BEST resale after honda (cant win 'em all) and a ride that will even let my old butt slog thru the bog all day and not wear me out.

·
Registered
210 Posts
bombardier quest 500 was the best for pull in his catégory an the top speed was 105kph
my father have a quest 500 and he love it

look this pics
/snofan/../images/users/jag340 1990/bombardieriso.jpg

·
Super Moderator
11,279 Posts
we have a kodiak 400 and it will outpull my bros 99 polaris mag 500..Their good quads.You cant go wrong either way..

·
Registered
352 Posts
that Vinsen 500 from what i have seen around town and read in the magazines are very powerfull quads as for the 500 sportsmans...i wasnt impressed with the one that i drove....

·
Registered
2,261 Posts
i dont belive 105 kph top speed thats over 60 mph

·
Super Moderator
11,279 Posts
I believe it, our 400 tops out at 55 another 100cc should be good for another 5mph..

·
Registered
2,261 Posts
i belive it on a sportsman but a bomb arnt made for that fast, made for utility. in that case a 660 should do 75 mph

·
Registered
1,050 Posts
My 99 grizzly 600 will do about 58 on tar -60 down hill [:D]. You have to remember those machines are very heavy work horses not speed demons. Most of the guys( the majority) in our ATV club own Sportsman 500's and they are a great machines however not many of them go much over 55 mph. The one thing many of us agree on is to get the independent front and rear suspension for off roading!! It is worth the extra $$$$

·
Registered
3,040 Posts
The only problem with the Kodiak is they aren't true 4x4, other than that there very good.

·
Super Moderator
11,279 Posts
the older kodiaks are true 4x4 and the newer 00-up are on command which I like better cause its fun to screw around in 2wd..

1 - 17 of 17 Posts