Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Sorry for the lame request but I am looking for advice from people with opiions and expereience and I am sure there are a few in this forum.

I am looking at a couple of sleds
1 1995 Ski doo Grand Touring 470 8000 klms $2400 CDN
2. 1992 Polaris Indy 500 Classic 5000 miles $2000 CDN
3 1989 Polaris Indy 500 fan cooled 8000 miles $1500 CDN

All look in reaaly good shape I am just not sure as to which way to go
Polaris or SKIDOO? Liquid or air?

Help??

·
Registered
9,619 Posts
i would go liquid, and take the newest one u got there, unless u find something else, or the 95 looks bad or something. the indy 500 is sposed to be a good sled as far as I know, i think ive rode around a 91 model maybe 92, im not sure, and it was nice, its all in the budget i guess.....whatever u can afford, and newer is usually better.

When's Winter Coming Back?​

·
Registered
134 Posts
im thinkin u should go with choice #2...the 92...for one u arnt goona want a touring sled because its too damn big...and plus its a skud...u should truly go with an arctic cat they will never let u down...im maybe looking to sell my 1995 arctic ext 580 with a little over 1900 miles on it with many new parts for aorund 2700...idk if i will sell but im thinking about it...cat is truly the best sled ever made

stan

·
Administrator
13,092 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE id=quote><font size=1 face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id=quote>quote:<hr height=1 noshade id=quote>Originally posted by b1scu1t14:
and plus its a skud

cat is truly the best sled ever made

stan
[/quote]

I am sure you are aware of our policy of no brand bashing. This is as close as you can get to it without actually doing it, so this is just a friendly reminder that we don't like to hear things like "Plus it's *brand name* and that makes it bad" or "so and so is the best sled ever made"

Anyway, on to my answer:

If you are going to be riding with a passenger, then get the skidoo. If you are going to be riding alone, get the '92 500. Plus that Grand Touring is a big sled, and if it's only 470cc's it won't have much snap to it. I would go with a liquid because they offer more performance and I think they cool better than fans.

Ride the Best!

·
Registered
3,188 Posts
Polaris or Ski-doo is up to you, but go liquid cooled if you can. I'd pick the '92 500, although i don't know much about that particular ski-doo.

·
Registered
134 Posts
sorry about the "brand bashing"....i wasnt paying attn when i did it...but my choice would be the 92 500 also...sorry bout that...thanks stan

stan

·
Registered
4,617 Posts
I'd get the Indy 500. It should have the most snap and it also has the lowest miles.

Trees don't make the greatest brakes.

·
Registered
2,273 Posts
is the skidoo, a liquid?? if it is 470 liquid has enough pop to it for a grand touring.. i dunno how big that sled is.. but my dads got the '00 grand tourning 500 liquid and its enough power, for rec trail riding...

GO HARD, OR GO HOME - IF YOU COME TO A FORK IN THE ROAD...TAKE IT

·
Administrator
13,092 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE id=quote><font size=1 face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id=quote>quote:<hr height=1 noshade id=quote>Originally posted by b1scu1t14:
sorry about the "brand bashing"....i wasnt paying attn when i did it...but my choice would be the 92 500 also...sorry bout that...thanks stan

stan
[/quote]

No problem

Ride the Best!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts