Snowmobile Fanatics banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First post I am new to this sight.

I just moved to Syracuse NY from South Jersey, and I will be living here for at least 3 winters. I plan on buying a sled in the price range of $3000- $4500 . I've never touched a snowmobile in my life, but have been around 4-wheelers and bikes.

Anyways I would like something that is reliable and pretty fast, actually I want one thats fast as hell. I'm extremely careful so no worries, just want to be able to get on it in the open. What are some good sleds and some ones to avoid, what should i expect to get (yr, model, etc.). Jut any advice would be very helpful.

I really don't know where I will ride. Probably local trails and trails at the Tug Hill Platuea.(dont know if this helps)

Thanks in advance.[:D]

·
Registered
548 Posts
heres a 2003 xcr 800 good deal too and it there very fast sledshttp://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2003-XCR-800-POLARIS-ESC-SHOCK-CONTROL_W0QQitemZ160051896984QQihZ006QQcategoryZ42597QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

·
Registered
6,424 Posts
zr 900 was a VERY fast sled.. Or an f7.. f6 for a beginner.

·
Registered
18 Posts
A f7 would be a great sled if you want something fast it doesnt realy matter what year you get but if you get an 03 make sure the recall work was done. I have 2 f7 efi snopros that are an awesome and fast ride.

·
Registered
2,916 Posts
Anything 99 and up is pretty good. All have thier positives and negatives. Lotsa revs in CNY, lot of polaris's too...and cats haha. I'd guess you'll prolly be riding oneida lake some, as well as tug, tug can be bumpy, so i'd get a more aggressive sled, especially if you like to go fast. Im going to steer you toward Ski Doo's Rev, Polaris' Pro X, and Cat's ZR (for 2 strokes).

take a look in the swap sheet, or if your unsure of your mechanical abilities, check out some local dealers, lots of them around.

·
Registered
197 Posts
Check wantaddigest.com It is New York based so it will give you a good idea of what is in your price range. I think an F7 or a Ski Doo Rev would be a good choice. There certainly seems to be a lot of them in Tug Hill area. Of course like previously stated any Polaris edge would be a good choice too. Good luck and keep us posted with what you narrow it down to and what you decide on. Also welcome to the site.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.