Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've ran into some 03 MC900 1Ms on sale, and from what i've seen on the snow and read they would be a really cool sled to have. Here's my question: Do I get a 144 or 151? I've never ridden a MC. At present i ride a Mt Max 700 w/141. Most of our riding is in untracked, boondocking, some hill climbing, a lot of 'backcountry-crosscountry'. Our riding area is the So Oregon Cascades.I ride at 200 lbs (in full gear), and i'm 5 10 tall.
My concerns are slow speed turning on the 151, can the 141 handle better for all around conditions riding, or is there really nuch of a diference between the two.
Anybody got any ideas??

·
Registered
328 Posts
I would go for the 151 over the 144 for your type of riding. There is a little bit of a difference in how well it turns but not as big as everyone says there is. Also, with the 900 weighing so much it never hurts to have a little more track under you for flotation. The only other thing i would recomend, is that if it doesn't come with reverse, get it. Saves the back in a lot of situations.

·
Registered
1,932 Posts
The 900 1M is under 500 lbs its lighter than his 700 MM A buddy of mine has a 900 with a 144 and it gets around as good as just about anyone elses 151 but the rolled chain case and angle of attack make it get on top great. either would be a good choice.

G

·
Go with the 151"

I had the same conserns for turning in the trees and stuff. As it turns out the 144" and 151" have the same turning radii. I made the mistake of buying a 144" and now have long tracked it to 151" Just go for the 151 to start with or you will wish you had latter on. I have ridden both and like the 151" better.
I weigh 160 lbs and don't have any problems handling a 151 and I am only 5'8" tall. You would be able to handle the bigger sled, no problem.

Dennis

1 - 4 of 4 Posts