Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
740 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Which sled will Win Stock 2000 Arctic Cat Thundercat 1000 or Ski-doo summit X 800 with boysen reeds and clutch tuning? Thanks for the help in maybe stopping an argument with a friend. Let it snow

·
Registered
74 Posts
T-Cat

·
Registered
1,932 Posts
The summit will get the hole shot (been there done that) If you have a short track you will catch him in a hurry so long as you can keep traction. Traction can be a problem. If you can't hook up you can't win. I ran multiple runs across a lake with a 800 Summit X & Polaris 800 RMK both had 151 tracks. And they beat me across the lake everytime. (My clutching was pitful, and I couldn't get any traction burned down to the ice for like the first 300' by then they were gone. I wish I could say man your gonna stomp him bad, but depending on conditions, it is possible that the big kitty could loose. Then you go home and add mods till they don't want to race anymore, The 1000 triple has virtually unlimited potential.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Mix in some steel chisel tooths in with your carbide trail studs and race on ice, then you don't have to worry about the hole shot either :) 170+ h.p. vs 130 hmmmm.

·
Registered
53 Posts
I would say in powder the summit would smoke but then again any big twin 800 long tracks would smoke the T-Cat in the fluffy white stuff but put the big cat in its element and watch out you'll rip the dingle berries off a bull.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts