Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
384 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need to replace the studs in my ultra and I was wondering if any one brand was better? I usually run woody's. I do alot of riding in fields and rough trails. From the back side of the track to the top of my lug is 1 inch. What size should I use?

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
I bought the cheap Woody's, and have had no problems with them. I had my 144"x1.25" Camo Cross-Country studded with 114 last year. This past week, I pulled out 18 bent studs, and I rode that machine hard. So I think they are pretty tough.

I have 1.325" studs on mine. Best bet is to call the Woody's tech line and ask.

·
Registered
15,722 Posts
woody's

·
Registered
80 Posts
yeap.. definatly woodys'.. had an exciter that was clutched, piped, jetted and a bunch of other stuff.. thats how i got it and it had 168 woodys carbide studs in it. and they were the strongest studs ive ever had.. id def go woody's for sure

·
Registered
577 Posts
Originally posted by Blaker072
[br].. had an exciter that was clutched, piped, jetted and a bunch of other stuff.. thats how i got it and it had 168 woodys carbide studs in it. and they were the strongest studs ive ever had..
An Exciter with 168 studs[:0] No wonder they were the strongest studs you ever had... way to many for 80HP [:p]

I have used (Saber) Accord studs-Warthogs/Topdogs. Have not bent/broke or lost a tip on them.
I currently have combo of 144 studs on my 700.
[galleryattach=12906]

Woody's are all about advertising. You pay a premium for that.

You should use 1.075" studs.

·
Registered
414 Posts
I have been running megabites by woodys and i think they are the best all around stud. There good for grass, hardpack and decent on ice. I was extremely happy with them.

·
Registered
384 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Woody's it IS!!!!!! thanks!!!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts